2 week post-op visit, acid reflux and a grumpy me

MzJ0nes
on 9/18/12 9:34 am - NY
VSG on 09/04/12
Went to the docs office for my 2 week post op visit. Ive been doing great no aches no pains no nausea or vomiting, im actually shocked at how well im doing, i had a hope for the best but expect the worst attitude. The only thing wrong is although im on protonix ive noticed that i get some acid reflux in the evening. I told my surgeon this thinkin she would up my meds and progress me to purees, yea that was wishful thinking. Nope have to be on these damn liquids another week :(  Its not like im hungry but man am i so over liquids. Guess i have to do what i have to do. On a much less grumpy note, im down 23lbs since surgery, yay me! 

lisa2job
on 9/18/12 10:37 am - WA
VSG on 09/06/12
oh wow ,  I know that is dissapointing not to be able to eat.  we can only eat so much soup..... I have till thursday then I can finally be off this liquid stage.....    congrats on the weight loss !!!!   thats awesome
MuttLover
on 9/18/12 2:14 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

Reflux -- if the increased dose doesn't work, maybe ask the doc for something different.  I'm pre-op, but I've had reflux for many, many years, and I found early on that protonix didn't work for me, but prilosec did, and Nexium was even better (but it's not generic and costs a fortune -- so hopefully something else will work for you!). 

Good luck!

Greg M.
on 9/19/12 4:46 am - Cincinnati, OH
I had the same thing early on and on Protonix same as you.  My doctor told me it was okay to add a Zantac 150 mg. in the evening/bedtime.  That did the trick as long as I didn't eat anything after 7:00 or 8:00 PM.  Wishing you well!  Greg

Lapband 12/11/08 - Slip 6/16/09 - 2nd Slip & Removal 8/3/09...Sleeve 12/22/11

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 92 views