1 week postop

Amy 2bhealthy
on 9/20/12 6:52 am, edited 9/20/12 12:09 am - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
Time sure flies! I am already one week postop today after my band removal, revision to VSG, gallbladder removal, and hiatel hernia repair. I feel pretty good. I still have some pain, but mostly where my band port was removed, which I expected it to be the most painful...and I have some bruising right below my bra line that is still pretty sensitive too. Otherwise I am feeling really pretty good. The only other thing that I have going on is a HORRIBLE rash all over my abdomen, and I am talking itchy itchy horrible rash. I have been trying different prescriptions to help, but so far nothing. I went for my follow up appt yesterday with my surgeon and he prescribed some medication, but it isn't helping either. I am heading to the dermatologist today, hopefully they will be able to help me and quickly. It is about to drive me nuts....even causing me to have dreams about terrorist attacks with chemicals and itching, lol. If I can get this cleared up, I will be great!

Liquids are going good, more and more each day. Protein has been good too. Now moving on to full liquids and trying to continue to figure what to eat and how much, etc.

Scale is moving too, which is great. I lost 68 lbs preop and gained 9 lbs right after surgery from the fluids...Within the last week I've lost those 9 lbs again plus 5 more, so I am pleased with that.

I'm just excited to do this! Thanks for reading!

Amy

Revision: Realize band to VSG....loving my sleeve!! 

peazwithin
on 9/20/12 7:03 am - Tallahassee, FL
VSG on 10/02/12
You are working it! Just take your time. Walk when you can. Praying you a speedy recovery and sending {{hugs}} your way! Save me a seat on the loser's bench. And please keep posting your progress, it's inspiring !
Shelia

Amy 2bhealthy
on 9/20/12 7:23 am - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
Thanks! 

Good luck, your surgery is just around the corner!

Amy

Revision: Realize band to VSG....loving my sleeve!! 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views