Strange thing just happend.....

DisneyChic
on 9/24/12 3:03 pm
Took my bariatric advantage multi vitamin and not even 15 seconds later I go****ery mouth and had to throw up. This has never happend and I am 6 weeks post op tomorrow. I am clueless.  Dr has me taking multivitamin 3x a day, calcium 2x a day, vitamin D 1x and iron 1x a day. 
(deactivated member)
on 9/24/12 4:09 pm - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
Everything except the iron could be taken together.  And the iron would absorb better with some vitamin C. 

That's a lot of multivitamins.  Hard to comment on actual quantities because you aren't saying the dosage/strengths.

More to the point, had you had anything to eat or drink anywhere near the time you took the vite?  Was there anything different about the intake?

Could be a variety of reasons why you had this reaction.  Did you see a recent thread concerning foaming and sliming?  You might want to look for it, it is in this forum.
Greg M.
on 9/24/12 7:08 pm - Cincinnati, OH
That is a lot of vitamins, try cutting you dosage in half for a week and see how you do.  Call your doctor and let him know whats going on.  They should have a nutritionist on staff that can guide you. 

Lapband 12/11/08 - Slip 6/16/09 - 2nd Slip & Removal 8/3/09...Sleeve 12/22/11

DisneyChic
on 9/24/12 9:35 pm
Thank you for ur information, I will give my Dr a call.
rabid24
on 9/24/12 10:11 pm

Yep! Bariatric Advantage multi's make me vomit (even made a post about it a few months ago). I was fine for the first few weeks after surgery, then one day I couldn't take them anymore without getting sick. I now cut them in half and only take them with food. There are still combinations that will make me feel ill even only taking half at a time. Once this bottle is gone, I won't be buying more for sure!

Revised from band to sleeve on June 6th, 2012. Lost 48 pounds on my own in the 4 months prior to revision. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 437 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 457 views