Recovering and returning back to work

Victoria A.
on 9/26/12 9:54 pm - MI
RNY on 10/29/12

I have been reading alot of posts here about how long it has taken to recover and regain energy. I am worried because I am thinking I will be able to return back to work in 2 weeks. My job does not require any lifting, but it does require physical activity, and I know my boss will not be patient.  I know everyone is different, am I kidding myself thinking I will be able to return to work so quickly?

danzeppelin
on 9/26/12 11:31 pm
VSG on 08/15/12
I work a very active job. I walk/run about three to five miles a day. Push motorcycles, quads, load and unload trucks...very physical. I was back to work in two weeks. I took it fairly easy, didn't over do it, but never had a problem. Like you said, everyone is different. Communicate well with your body.

skinny cat
on 9/27/12 12:11 am
VSG on 01/08/13
My main cncern about returning to work is being able to drink enough. We have to sip, sip, sip and if your boss won't be patient, I'm wondering if you should take more time. The last thing you want is to get dehydrated.

Victoria A.
on 9/27/12 10:30 am - MI
RNY on 10/29/12

Thanks for responding:) I am just worried I won't have the energy because of the limitations post-op, and then the worry of dehydration. I am gonna try and stay focused on a positive outcome:)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 309 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 356 views