Finally a date!!!!!!!

mokee
on 9/30/12 11:07 am - OH
Went to the doctor last week and finally passed all the tests and hoops.  Have a date of November 28.  It is 2 days after my birthday and there is Thanksgiving and 2 close family members birthdays in the two week period.  This will be a real test of strength for me.  I will really need all you guys help during this time.

I have an appointment with the doctor Oct 29 to discuss surgery and sign consents it says on my paper.  Anyone know what this all about?    Also will attend a class for the pre and post operative dietary regimen.

It just seens that since the end of June I have been through so much and it is still going on.  I guess there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I also was informed that Medicare is paying for the sleeve now, in case anyone needs this info.
Nadurra Deb
on 9/30/12 11:46 am - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
Congrats on getting a date. I know that moment was such a huge relief for me to know when things will happen. I had several pre-op classes. They were all helpful in preparing for the surgery, knowing what to expect and understanding exactly what I would need to do post-op. You have to sign consent forms to give your consent for them to do the surgery. Make sure you read them so you know you are consenting to the right surgery. They also want you to sign that you understand the risks involved in any surgery and also the specifics of your surgery. Not a big deal...just a formality.

Good luc****ep us posted.

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

Scandrona
on 9/30/12 3:11 pm - Hollister, CA
VSG on 07/30/12
Congratulations on getting your date!!!  That's the best feelling ever!   Just keep your eye focused on the prize and you'll do fine with the self control.  Everytime you consider cheating on your pre-op diet, just remember what you are doing it for and where you want yourself to be in 6 months or  a year.

"...If one advance confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." 
                                                                                                               --Henry David Thoreau
"Keep Going" --Sensei Jose Miguel Rosas

Keywester
on 9/30/12 11:25 pm
VSG on 12/05/12
Congrats on getting a date!  I was finally relieved when I got mine!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 293 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views