Introducing myself , Pre-op

jen_vsg_4me
on 10/1/12 8:15 am - Iaeger, WV
VSG on 01/23/13
Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been kind of lurking... I decided to start at the oldest post and read pretty much everything that caught my eye along the way.. I've spent several days going through this whole board.  LOL  I feel like I almost know some of y'all.

My name is Jennifer and I am 39 years old. I've been overweight all of my adult life and it just keeps getting worse. I am 5 ft tall and weigh 272 lbs. My highest was 275, so I've lost a few pounds but its really hard!  I have been to one appointment with my surgeon and afterwards visited my PCP to have bloodwork and other tests done. Tomorrow is my second appointment at the surgeon's office, to see the NUT and the PA.  The surgeon told me that I will probably be able to have surgery before the end of the year. I am getting really excited. I'm trying to lose weight because my surgeon told me he wants to me to lose at least 10 pounds before surgery. I guess I'll do better after I see the NUT, because right now I want to eat everything I see. A food funeral of sorts.. LOL  I think I have lost about a pound since my last visit. My scale and the doctor's scale say two different things, so its hard to tell. I think I should get a new scale.

Anyway, I just wanted to say, "Hello!"  I will probably be posting more as time goes by.. Sometimes I want to reply to something, but I don't because I hadn't introduced myself... So, now that I have, you'll probably see more of me.  :-)

My youtube channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/ShrinkingJenn

Surgery Date: January 23, 2013

Christine Heusinger
on 10/1/12 8:30 am - GA

Welcome, Jennifer! Like you, I haven't had my WLS yet but I'm reading everything I can on these forums so I will know what to expect! I especially LOVE to read the posts from people who are just a few days to a few weeks post op.  I have had my appt. to MEET the surgeon but I have a lot of hoops to jump through because of my insurance and my age. 

I recommend you keep on reading! And find a support group near you so you can actually sit down and talk with people who have had the surgery.

Good luck!

Christine

jen_vsg_4me
on 10/1/12 8:47 am - Iaeger, WV
VSG on 01/23/13
Thank you.  My sister in law had the surgery a little over a year ago and she has lost over 100 pounds. She hasn't met her goal yet, but she is looking really good! She said she feels great and she wishes she had done it a long time ago. She is one of the reasons I decided to do this. She had it rough the first week or so.. just adjusting to her sleeve and learning to sip sip sip.. she threw up a few times... at first she thought she had made a huge mistake... but that only lasted a few days.

I'm also a member of Vertical Sleeve Talk (another message board about the sleeve) but I'm not very active on there either.  I read a lot though!
Tracasa
on 10/1/12 8:35 am
Welcome Jenn, this is a great forum for information. Take it all with a grain of salt at times best of luck and I'll save you a seat on the losers bench.

jen_vsg_4me
on 10/1/12 8:48 am - Iaeger, WV
VSG on 01/23/13
Thank you so much!!  I can't wait to be on the loser's bench!
justlynda
on 10/1/12 8:44 am - Stone Mountain, GA
VSG on 09/04/12
 Welcome Jennifer!

I am 4 weeks post-op as of tomorrow and am so glad that I had this surgery!!!  Hope all goes well for you.

-Lynda

jen_vsg_4me
on 10/1/12 8:48 am - Iaeger, WV
VSG on 01/23/13
Thank you!  I always like hearing people say that are glad they had the surgery!  I can't wait!
RedStar98
on 10/1/12 9:02 am - Johnston, RI
VSG on 10/02/12
Welcome Jennifer!
I'm a bit of a lurker myself, only posting minimallly.  Tomorrow is my surgery, 7:30 AM, I'm both excited and nervous.  I'll let you know how it goes!

Carol
MB_MB
on 10/1/12 9:12 am
Good luck!  I am two weeks out and am doing great.  You will be fine!!  MB
jen_vsg_4me
on 10/1/12 9:41 am - Iaeger, WV
VSG on 01/23/13
Thanks! I'm glad you are doing great! I can't wait to change my life!  :-D
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views