Soft foods - suggestions while traveling

Amy 2bhealthy
on 10/2/12 2:08 am - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
 I am at a work conference all week and am on Soft foods, 3 weeks postop. I have brought several things with me that are going fine: cottage cheese, yogurts, string cheese, protein shakes, etc. Last night I went to panera and had small portion of soup, but I thought about maybe going somewhere to try fish, crab legs?? My dietician gives several examples of soft foods, but it is not entirely inclusive, so I thought I would ask you guys for any thought and suggestions. 

Thank you!!

Amy

Revision: Realize band to VSG....loving my sleeve!! 

kitsyb
on 10/2/12 2:11 am - Mobile, AL
VSG on 01/23/12
I find that I can get more crab legs down than any other protein.  I found shrimp to be difficult because you had to chew and chew to break them down.

AnnieinIA
on 10/2/12 3:02 am
My Nut said if you can cut it with a fork it's soft - if you must use a knife it isn't.
ordinarybeauty
on 10/2/12 3:16 am, edited 10/4/12 3:40 am
VSG on 09/27/12
I iwll be traveling 3 weeks post op too. I have been thinking about eggs, hummus, and tuna salad as well as what you mentioned above.

EliseG
on 10/2/12 3:20 am - MA
Everyone's plan is different, but mine included most fish. Salmon, tuna, varieties of white fish, sea scallops, etc.

Kelly-AnneH
on 10/2/12 6:26 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Are other fish on your list? If so go for it. I wasn't allowed fish until after my first 30 days, but you need to follow your surgeon's guidelines.
If you're allowed finny fish, baked salmon can be your best friend. Soft, delicious, easy to digest, high in protein and healthy fats. Yumm...

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Amy 2bhealthy
on 10/2/12 12:03 pm - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
 Thanks!

I ended up trying crab legs tonight. YUM!!! It went so well. I am still struggling with exactly how much to have, especially when I don't have a scale or cup to measure with. But I think I did ok, was mostly satisfied but not full. 

Amy

Revision: Realize band to VSG....loving my sleeve!! 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views