Super duper nervous...and emotional!!!

myveryownjet
on 10/1/12 1:31 am - LA
Surgery is scheduled for Friday morning.  Super duper nervous!  Have a ton of emotions running through me right now.  Nervous about the pain and  the first few week afterwards, but anxious to see results.  Just need to keep focused on the week's tasks at hand...getting laundry done, house cleaned, packing for surgery and for my three kids to stay with friends while procedure is done.  Please keep me in your prayers!
Father Don
on 10/1/12 1:41 am - Charleston, SC
Remember to measure yourself....head, neck, shoulders, chest, upper arms, forearms, wrists.....

Waist, hips, butt, thighs, calves, ankles....

That way if (when) the pounds slow, you can measure and see your still losing and the body catches up with the rapid weight loss....

Your nerves are COMPLETELY normal.  You'll come out on the other side fine - just like the rest of us...just breathe....and listen to EVERYTHING the doc tells you....follow everything he says.....

When you wake up - walk,,,walk,,,walk....when cleared - sip sip sip too..... walk, sip,walk,sip,walk,sip....

You'll be fine - Best Wishes!

Obesity Help Support Group Leader

Ohiogirl
on 10/1/12 1:44 am - OH
VSG on 10/02/12
 I'm having surgery tomorrow - doing my day of liquids and the nasty bowel prep. I'm with you - so many emotions - very nervous about the first post op week and how I'll get through it. Cleaned over the weekend, ate last favorite foods and now waiting to hear what time I have to be at hospital. My BP is up today between the prep and nerves - so not feeling well. Anxious for it to be over and start enjoying the long term benefits. 
So I understand how you feel - I'll keep you in my prayers and ask that you do the same for me.  Good luck to both of us

Paula
Father Don
on 10/1/12 2:25 am - Charleston, SC
If you're doing at the Cleveland Clinic - you couldn't be in better hands....I was there...Phil Schauer was my doc - AWESOME....the staff on the floor is amazing as well!

Obesity Help Support Group Leader

mycheeka1
on 10/1/12 2:05 am
 I am one week postop today. I like you guys were very nervous but it turned out great! The worst day for me was the first day postop and it's just all that  air  and gas that settles in your abdomen. The best thing For that is make sure you take your pain medicine and walk walk walk! Each day will get better. The next hurdle I had to get over was The leak test. I was paranoid that I would have a leak, but I didn't. Everything went smoothly. I am one week postop today and have lost 9 pounds since surgery. I lost 11 pounds on my pre-op diet, so in a little over 2 weeks, I have love 20 pounds. I feel like I am drinking all the time and have not been hungry yet. Just trust yourselves and the decision that you have made and know that you are in Gods hands. He will help guide you through this And your friends at OH. Feel free to message me anytime. I am off work for two more weeks.  And most importantly remember to stay hydrated. You guys will do just fine. Can't wait to hear how everything went.
Gigicolorado
on 10/1/12 3:27 am
 My surgery is coming up, not as soon as yours.  I keep telling myself that yes I will be super uncomfortable for at least the first week.....but it is one week out of the rest of my life!  There is no doubt this surgery will add many years to our lives!
lolabigcups
on 10/1/12 4:48 am - Napoleon, OH
VSG on 10/05/12 with
I'm nervous too! My surgery is also on friday.I will be going to Dr.Alvarez in Mexico.Good Luck to you! Sending prayers your way.
christinahelena
on 10/1/12 5:40 am, edited 10/1/12 8:54 am - CA
Hey myownjet, Paula and lollibigcups, I am another sleeve sister here,
Mine is Thursday at 10:30 a.m. I would like to join the prayer circle please Father Don, please add me to the list
Also nervous and a bit worried, but I am ready to turn the page on a new life chapter . I Tried on some
Clothes  today, and I just cannot wait til there is less of me ! That got me inspired .
Sending prayers out to all of you, and would appreciate prayers as well.
Look forward to sharing this journey! Sorry for the weird format, iPhone issues!
Hugs,
Christina
myveryownjet
on 10/3/12 1:48 pm - LA
Thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers!  Leave super early for hospital in the morning.  I will keep y'all posted...  Also, praying for those who are recovering and having surgery very soon.  Thanks again!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 79 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views