1st protein shake...

KnitsByMama
on 10/2/12 1:27 am - MO
VSG on 10/16/12
 So today is my 1st day of my 2 week pre-op diet. I just made my first shake and it is SOOOOO thick. Can I just add more soy milk to water it down? I used the recommended amount per scoop. 
favrow812
on 10/2/12 1:43 am - Olathe, KS
VSG on 02/20/12
Its going to take you a couple of times to get it to your liking. I like making the shakes with the least amount of water possible so I can drink it faster and get it over with! LOL!!

There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way.

Italian-Princess
on 10/2/12 1:53 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12
I make my shakes with 1/4 cup of almond milk and 3/4 cup water per scoop -- just thick enough and goes down easily.  Maybe reduce how much soy milk you're using and replace it with water.

Adding water shouldn't be a problem at all if you don't want to reduce the amount of soy milk you are using.

Good luck on your pre-op diet...............keep us posted on your progress!

Ree
KnitsByMama
on 10/2/12 2:21 am - MO
VSG on 10/16/12
 Thanks! Maybe I will try half water half soy milk next time. 
The taste was fine with the soy milk, but it's SOO thick!! 
notoriousgrannyD
on 10/2/12 3:00 am
VSG on 10/16/12
I'm on my second shake today and it's going alright.  Mine are thick but are mixed with water, we are not allowed milk.  It is a vanilla flavor so I added Ice and a Strawberry Lemonade Benefiber flavor packet  and it seems to be pretty good.  I figure with so much liquid going on, the fiber might come in handy.   I think this evening will be the real test, thank god I have book club......
. Surgery date OCTOBER 16th    
doctorleelee
on 10/2/12 10:38 am - Oakland, CA
VSG on 09/13/12
 As others mentioned, I add ONLY water to my protein drink. Only water.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 106 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 335 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 384 views