T-34 Hours and -30Lbs

cmmdrwolf
on 10/2/12 12:31 pm, edited 10/2/12 12:55 pm - Harrison, TN
VSG on 10/04/12
Tomorrow morning i hop on my plane and fly cross country...hopefully it can take off with my current weight lol. Then thursday morning I get picked up and taken to the surgeon. Its a bit surreal at this point and time, im at the point that im ready. Believe it or not ive gone thru the 5 stages of loss and at the point where ive defeated my demons that were trying to get me to stay fat. The voices making up arguements about how youll never be able to eat as much of your favorite foods anymore or youll have to be on fluids for another 1.5 weeks. But in the end common sense came thru and yes its a major change in my life but for the better, letting food rule my life got me the way I am now. Little bit of surgery pain for a lifetime of pleasure. Today marked my 2 week preop diet and this morning I came in at a 30lb total loss (yay ketosis) so hopefully Mr. Liver has got all nice and ready so i can hopefully be out in 45 mins of surgery. Like all those before me I still have that recessed since of mortallity with any surgery but with the backing of good vibes and prayers from friends and family im gonna beat the hell out of this surgery and take my life back. 10-4-12...mark that date on the bench along side my name...im comming in.

katrina1103
on 10/2/12 12:40 pm - MI
Congratulations on making this choice in your life, and good luck to you!  I just joined this site and can't wait to get to know others like you and I  who have opted for the VSG.  I just saw my family physician today and started the process.  I am eager to learn everything I can about the surgery, pre-op, surgery and post-op and the ups and downs that go with it.  I am 39 years old and I weighed 350 lbs at the doctor today and I have three children that I can't enjoy doing things with and the simplest things are so hard for me anymore. 

I will be looking forward to your updates and will keep you in my thoughts for a smooth surgery and recovery.  Take care!
NeedsSleep
on 10/2/12 1:43 pm - IL
VSG on 09/20/12
 GOOD LUCK to you!!

HW: 292 - SW: 237 - GW: 165

(the first 55 lbs. was from Weight Watchers, over 2 years)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 68 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 253 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views