Day 2 post-op and nauseous

mkiyoko2008
on 10/5/12 6:41 am - TX
VSG on 10/03/12
So Im 2 days post-op and Im feeling like crap and nauseous. Im sure this will pass, Im just looking for kind words of support. Im feeling like I shouldve never had this surgery. I know healing happens differently for everyone, but when will I start to feel better????
emelar
on 10/5/12 6:43 am - TX
Call your doc and get some anti-nausea meds, if you don't have any.  If you do, be sure you're taking them!

Hard as it is, keep sipping.  Dehydration makes nausea worse.  Nausea gets worse, you stop drinking and get more dehydrated.  Vicious cycle.

This is only a passing phase and you'll feel better every day.  Hugs to you!
mkiyoko2008
on 10/5/12 6:47 am - TX
VSG on 10/03/12
Is that is what the omeprazole is (Zegrid)?
emelar
on 10/5/12 7:18 am - TX
Zegrid is a PPI, but not an anti-nausea drug.  I was sent home with a packet of chewable anti-nausea pills that were tiny, tiny and worked wonders the few times I felt queasy.
justlynda
on 10/5/12 6:46 am - Stone Mountain, GA
VSG on 09/04/12
 I was in the exact same place around day 2-3.  As the previos poster said, keep sipping.  Ask your doctor about taking a PPI.  I got relief from the nausea once I got the stomach acid under control.  Pepcid worked for me.  It DOES get better (and quickly)--I promise.

mkiyoko2008
on 10/5/12 6:49 am - TX
VSG on 10/03/12
Thank you, sometimes it make you feel better hearing it from others that went through it.
RedStar98
on 10/5/12 6:58 am - Johnston, RI
VSG on 10/02/12
Hang in there, this too shall pass, and you will be on your way to the loser's bench!  You can do this, and don't doubt for a second that you made the right move to a better life!
I had surgery this week as well (10/2), I'm here if you need a shoulder. 

Carol
mkiyoko2008
on 10/5/12 7:14 am - TX
VSG on 10/03/12
Thank you for the support! I really need it right now.
(deactivated member)
on 10/6/12 4:17 am, edited 10/6/12 4:18 am
Hi There!  You will make it!  I had RNY but we are all here to support you no matter what WLS you had.  I was so sick to my stomach and took the meds for nausea.   It took me awhile to get it under control, but as days go by, you will get better.  Don't regret your surgery.  You just had MAJOR surgery so this is not going to free of pain or discomfort.  Stay hydrated, I know it from first hand how hard it is to drink when you are sick to your stomach, but it was that or go back into the hospital if I got dehyrated.  Take care, Jane
PrettyEyes_41
on 10/6/12 4:42 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
Every day will get a little bit better and pretty soon it will be all behind you. I too thought, "What the heck have I done to myself!" but only for a couple of days and it passed pretty quickly as I was able to get up and get around more. The nausea was the worst for me until my dr gave me some medication for it. That helped tremendously and was my best friend, more so than the pain meds, for a few days. The pain meds made me more nauseous so I stopped them pretty quickly. Your body was just cut into and a major part of a major organ was removed, take it slow and allow yourself to heal. It takes 6-8 weeks for the healing and swelling to go completely down. It gets a little better every day though. I'm almost 4 months out and am loving life again! It was well worth it and I laugh at myself for doubting my decision even for a minute. If we get hurt and have to have surgery it's different because we didn't make that choice, the choice was made for us. This is our choice and we often question the results, but everyone does and I haven't seen a single long term regret on here in almost a year. Good luck and keep posting. We're here for you!

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 79 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views