heart racing after eating

clthomp
on 10/8/12 11:33 am - TN
does this happen to anyone .. it happens to me it is immediate after about 2 bites..then i fell shaky for about 30 mintues  almost like panic attack

thanks 1yr 1/2 out
Wildcat-NYC
on 10/8/12 12:45 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
I would definitely contact your doctor...

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
Calking
on 10/8/12 1:46 pm
VSG on 05/31/12
This happened to me a couple times.  The most severe case was shortly after drinking a protein shake too quickly.  Other times were in the first week or two post op and I overdid things a bit.  Moving around too fast and up and down picking things off the floor and cleaning up.  Felt fine starting but hadn't really had time to heal up.

My guess (I am not a Dr. and do not play one on TV) is that you ate something too fast and once the food moved further into your system (as opposed to coming back up) your heart settled down.

That being said, this is your heart.  You should check in with your surgeon.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

wasabilover
on 10/9/12 3:27 am - TX
I am just over 2 weeks out and this happened to me ALOT.  It still happens some, but not a bad.  I asked my surgeon and he said "I don't know, don't worry about it".  I ask the RN at the hospital and she said the same thing.