Surgery Consult - this is really real!

smashlee
on 10/16/12 8:00 am
VSG on 12/17/12
After months of testing and appointments I finally have a consult date on Thursday when I'll get my surgery date! I've spent my time in between preparing and getting things I'll need and learning and I actually feel like I can let myself believe this is going to happen!

I'm so excited!
***Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the places and moments that take our breath away. - Anonymous

Alex82
on 10/16/12 8:13 am
  I am happy for you ..  I have been researching for couple weeks and started believing that this is the best way to go .. I havent attended any seminar yet.. why did it take you months ? good luck.. 
smashlee
on 10/16/12 8:19 am
VSG on 12/17/12
My doctor is very thorough and between all the papers to fill out, getting funding in place (my ins doesn't cover this - shame on them), going to the initial visit for the psych eval/nut/blood work/etc, getting my PCP informed and other pre-op tests ordered, there was just a lot of "getting ready" to do.
***Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the places and moments that take our breath away. - Anonymous

Alex82
on 10/16/12 8:59 am
that seems a lot of work .. months of preparations maybe .. I am still thinking about it .. add me as a friend pls since you set your profile to private :) thanks .. 
smashlee
on 10/16/12 9:06 am
VSG on 12/17/12
It is a bit of work to be honest. Some of my case is different - I had to have a respiratory function test because I smoked and I had to have my cardiologist clear me because of health crisis I had earlier this year.
It's a big deal surgery and your life will completely change so if you have a good doctor, they want to make sure you are informed, dedicated, and understand what you are getting into.
In my mind, the work is a tiny thing to do for the benefits in the end.

Cinderella50
on 10/16/12 8:14 am - NY
VSG on 08/29/12
 Congratulations! All your work is coming to the prize!! Good Luck. 

blueeyedgal
on 10/16/12 8:44 am - AL
VSG on 02/03/12
Congratulations!!

blueeyedgal    
Pollyanna16
on 10/16/12 8:49 am
VSG on 12/28/12
I'm right there with you, I have my consult on Thursday also. Good luck

Sunset1374
on 10/16/12 12:49 pm - CT
VSG on 11/28/12
Good luck on your consult.  I have my consult on Thursday too!!  Can't believe either that it's actually here.  I have my list of chores I want to get done before my surgery.  I figure it will occupy my mind so that I'm not freaking out before my surgery.  Good Luck.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views