Just checking in...Yes I'm still alive!

DragonGirl
on 10/23/12 1:50 am, edited 10/23/12 1:58 am - MN

Hi Everyone!
I know I haven't posted in ages...so I thought I better pop in and say Hi! Life is very busy!  My Husband and I were talkng about being about 2 years when I joined the program and made the decision to have the Sleeve done. I still love my Sleeve and I've never had one regret that I had it done.

Maintenance is still going good for me. I am still maintaining @ 157lbs. I take a size 8 in pants, I was in 22/24W's. My starting weight was 280lbs. There are days when I still battle sugar cravings...sometimes I win...sometimes I lose. Even when I can't resist an urge, it's a bite or two of something, and not half a cheese cake. I eat anything I want, but I definitely choose not to eat certain foods that are like a drug for me. I choose not to eat white pasta, white rice or white bread. Even whole wheat variations are a rare occurrance for me. I still never drink with my meals and make sure to at least get in 65 or more grams of protein.

I volunteer a lot of time to the Bariatric program and Hospital where I had my surgery, it keeps my head in the game and the fat off my ass! =) I faithfully attend support groups every Saturday morning, or at least when life doesn't get in the way.

I'm posting a picture I've posted before, it's me @ 250lbs the night before my surgery, I lost 30 in prepping for my surgery, and an after @ 161. I'll post a new one on my Surgiversary in January!  Surgery didn't make life perfect, but it sure made it livable! I'm loving life!!
Heidi

Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
Lee ~
on 10/23/12 2:02 am - CA
You look great. I'm really happy to read that you're finding your way in maintenance. Congrats!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

DragonGirl
on 10/23/12 2:18 am - MN
Hi Lee!
Thank you for the kind words! I hope life is treating you well! How is that new bod of yours?
Great to see you my friend!
Heidi
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
Lee ~
on 10/23/12 2:55 am - CA
I'm doing well Heidi. I love my Body by Sauceda!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Spencerella
on 10/23/12 2:14 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12
 Totally inspiring. Thanks for writing
DragonGirl
on 10/23/12 2:18 am - MN
Thanks Spencerella! =)
slatond
on 10/23/12 4:26 am
You look awesome... Did you have plastics or did your skin move with you that well!?

DragonGirl
on 10/23/12 1:04 pm - MN
Thank you slatond! I haven't had plastics...yet! That picture isn't showing the droopy belly and the batwings. If we win the lottery, I'm getting a body by Sauceda! =)
MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 10/23/12 7:48 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
WONDERFUL TO SEE YOU AGAIN LOVELY LADY!!   How's the "Beagle Brigade"?

You look great.  I miss your face around here!
     Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
DragonGirl
on 10/23/12 1:13 pm - MN
Hey Friend!!!!!
So great to see you! How are you?? The Beagle Brigade are still obnoxiously happy, noisy, and spoiled rotten...so about the same! How's the gentle giant? I've missed your Gus stories!

I started a new job in July with a massive project to jump into right away, so I am just coming out of the fog. Life is good...maintenance is going pretty good...some days are better than others. I haven't been getting to the gym like I'd like to, thats a goal I want to do better at!

I hope life is good in your corner of the world! Great to see your font!!!
Heidi
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views