My hair is falling out!! Help!!!

rhetamae
on 10/24/12 4:55 am - TX
My hair has started falling out by the hand fulls all day everyday!!  I'm going to be bald!! I have upped my vitamins and protein! Any other suggestions?  I am 4 1/2 months out and have lost 60 pounds so far.  Kinda freaking out here.....really happy about the weight loss not so much the hair loss......ugh.
Jenfur
on 10/24/12 6:10 am
VSG on 06/25/12
Just about all of us going through it and at about that same time.  I'm 4 months tomorrow and am going through the same thing.  Don't quote me on this, some of the vets can probably explain better, but I believe it's the shock of the sudden weight loss and the surgery that causes it and it's a process that actually began months ago and is just something most all of will go through but it will eventually stop before you go bald :)  I don't think upping vitamins and protein will actually reverse it.  I know it was mentioned in my preop manual as being a side effect.

desertmom
on 10/24/12 6:29 am - Dubai, XX
VSG on 03/13/12
Just relax about it.Mine is still falling out in hands full and I am the only one to seem to notice ow thin its become.Actually took a picture of the amount that just came out when I washed it.It still looks like an aweful lot to me and I am almost 8 months post op now but what can we do? It will just have to grow back in its own good time!

Maybe curly and blond this time...lol

Sutterbos
on 10/24/12 6:56 am
VSG on 06/21/12
Happens to everyone.  You will not go bald.  Some people say increasing protein works to slow the loss, others say nothing works.  You can't stop it from falling out, but try taking really good care of what is still on your head - good shapmoo and conditioner, mositurizing treatments if you can, wash every other day if you can, etc.  My hair is thinning, but what's left is so soft and shiny from improving my hair care regimen!

RNmom0926
on 10/24/12 8:18 am
VSG on 05/31/12
Wow! maybe I should have read down before I posted the same question..LOL. I am in the same boat..looks like all of us are 4-6 months out have this?

Pura Vida
on 10/24/12 1:53 pm - Costa Rica

It's a normal part of the process, I am 4 yrs out and I can assure you, no one has gone bald. Many ladies cut their hair shorter so all the lose hairs are easier to deal with. I cut mine short 3.5yrs ago and now I have beautiful, thick, long hair (past the bra line). :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 98 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views