I got interviewed by the Huffington Post today related to VSG

FreeJulie
on 10/26/12 2:15 pm, edited 10/26/12 2:17 pm - WA

I have been keeping a blog since before my VSG surgery and now that I'm really into cycling and running (another half marathon in the morning, oh my!), I write mostly about that.

I got an email the day before yesterday from the Huffington Post about a blog entry I'd written about loose skin and dating. http://freejulie.blogspot.com/2012/04/elephant-in-room-loose -skin-and-dating.html

They were doing a 1/2 hour live web cam type interview about revealing secrets when dating (the segment is called Dating and the Elephant in the Room, so I'm sure it wasn't hard to find my blog entry with almost the exact same title, haha).

Anyway, they asked to interview me and I talked about the rather abysmal post-weight loss/loose skin experience I had (you may remember me writing about it here, too) and what I learned from it.

You might enjoy watching the interview - funny that I'm being interviewed about getting nekked with a new man and dealing with my loose skin and the other two womens' secrets were that they were abstaining from sex until marriage, hahahaha.

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/HPLEmbedPlayer/?segmentId=507db27cfe344437a20002ad

Julie, 5' 3", age 42. Starting weight: 263, Surgery weight: 255
Blogging at www.freejulie.blogspot.com        
SophieNJ
on 10/26/12 10:32 pm - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

Jus****ched it Julie, great job!!  and congrats on all your achievements!  Yeah, being celibate vs wls,...uhhh, not really a good comparison....a comparison with another body/physical issue would have been a better call for them....

AnnieinIA
on 10/27/12 1:51 am
Hi Julie - I didn't know about your blog but just checked it out and plan to read it frequently. I am only around 6 weeks post op so far from my goal weight.

I am losing a little slowly ( which is no surprise to me) but losing. I hope the slower loss might help a little with the loose skin but I am not overly optimistic - just know what will be, will be.

However, the real reason I like your blog is your focus on activity and living life. I am, you are, we all are more than just people who have had weightloss surgery. Our bodies want to move!

Now don't go thinking I succeed at getting enough activity in just because I do want to - well, I want to want it. You inspire me.

Annie
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views