Final Surgeon Appt. Tomorrow!

MuttLover
on 10/25/12 12:10 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

The surgeon's office called today and left a message that they needed to cancel tomorrow's meeting - -and I was surprised at how intensely bummed I was about this -- but luckily they just changed the time, and I'm still going tomorrow.

Now, instead of bummed, I'm kind of worried!  I had an Achilles tendon injury,and was in a knee cast for 6 weeks -- and went on a big celebratory Mediterranean cruise (30th wedding anniversary!), so I ate my way through Europe.  It was a fine food funeral, but combined with my inactivity, I don't even know what I weigh. I've been avoiding the scale.

I had lost 10 pounds before I left and got the injury -- so I expect I've gained it all back, plus some (Sound familiar to anyone?).

So, this has been a HUGE lesson for me in how very, very easy it is to slip into old eating habits, and how very, very quickly pounds come back -- and how slowly they come off.

Lesson learned.  Moving on, and getting myself psyched up for tomorrow's appt.  I'm hoping for a date next month!  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views