Attention Post opers

mokee
on 10/29/12 10:46 am - OH

Help anyone who has the sleeve surgery.  Went to the surgeon today to sign the papers and buy my shakes and vitamins.  We had a meeting about what to do before surgery and after.  I was handed a bunch of papers and they spoke for about an hour.  I am so confused now.

I have been reseaching and reading all the posts on web sites and thought I knew what was expected of me.  Now I don't know if I can do this.  It all sounds so overwelming now.  I don't even know if I will make it through the 2 week liquid phase. 

Any suggestions!!!!!!!  All are welcome.

sonywife
on 10/29/12 10:57 am - Elmsdale, Canada
VSG on 10/24/12

Hi:

I'm 5 days post op and I have to say it is COMPLETELY NORMAL to have these feelings. You will do fine. It's not easy but doable. You have o change your eating habits and mindset about food forever to be successful. This 2 week pre op will just give a good kick start to that healthy new wonderful you!

lucy2e
on 10/29/12 10:59 am - Laurel, MD

It would help to know what they said that is so disturbing to you.

The liquid diet is no fun.  I had a 2 week liquid diet pre-op and survived - but it wasn't fun.  We got fat by eating - and we have to do a liquid diet - thats rough!  But if you want something bad enough, you do what you have to do!  I really wanted my health.  I wanted to live a fuller life and not be the couch slug that I had become.  I have what I wanted, and the 2 weeks aren't even much of a memory now!  

All I can tell you is getting the sleeve isn't easy - we jump through hoops to get approved.  We jump through hoops getting cleared for surgery.  Then we jump through hoops prepping through surgery (who says it's the easy way out - they never went through the process!)  But we gain a life that is so much better - so worth living!

You will need to make up your own mind - but if you ask me if I would do it all over again -- yes, in a heartbeat!  My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

emelar
on 10/29/12 11:44 am - TX

Take it one step at a time.  Right now, just concentrate on your pre-op diet and make sure you have what you'll need for right after surgery.  This is a process, and you don't have to be perfect at it right out of the gate.  One day at a time!

Angela220247
on 10/29/12 1:26 pm - CA

When I began the process I was over whelmed as well. There are so many tests and as Lucy said "hoops" that we have to jump through to get approved. I'm now a week away from surgery. What has really helped me is making lists and of things I need to do or buy to be prepared. Don't doubt yourself, there are tons of successful sleevers on this site that have done what you are about to do. If they can do it so can you. Keep your head in the game and don't conquer yourself before you even start =) 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 119 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 352 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 401 views