Did you wish that someone told you about it before?

Rua07
on 10/30/12 7:53 am - Canada

3 day left for my operation, I am both exited and scared in the same time

I feel that I have done my homework and I researched a lot, I prayed and thank about it well and I am optimistic about it.

I have 38 Kg to lose, my BMI is 38 and I have no idea when I am going to lose all that weight but at lest I will walk down that way.

My question to you: is there anything that you didn't know before your operation and faced it after and wished if anyone told you about it before ?

also I want to know your opinion of me having the sleeve and I am still under 100 KG... I see myself big but some people discourage me saying that i am not that bad... I don't want to wait till I am THAT bad, do you know what I mean.

anything would help me at this point, I just want to stay involved with you guys and keep my mind away from thinking of the operation and the pain after.

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/12 7:57 am

I didn't really know about the foamies and I thought I was dying the first time they happened.  I wish I had known about it so I would not have freaked out as much. 

My BMI was 37 or 38 ( I kind of forget) now, go check out my before and after pictures on my profile and tell me what you think.  In my opinion, this was the very best thing I could have done for myself.  I am 3.5 years out and I have no regrets at all.

becks856
on 10/30/12 8:30 am

What are the "foamies"?  Is that something that everyone gets?

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/12 8:42 am

If you eat too fast, too much or foods that you are not ready for, you will get this strange pain in your chest and white bile will start to come up and you will need to spit or throw up.  It is not pleasant and it last for 20-40 min.  I did not know it could happen and thought something was desperately wrong the first time it happened to me.  Luckily, I had my doctor's number and could speak to him right away.  I wad pretty panicked at that point.  He told me what was happening and what had caused it.  I became even more careful about my eating after that episode.

Laci M.
on 10/30/12 8:01 am
VSG on 10/09/12

I know this is very personal information but I think it might help to know.  I'm not sure every doctor or hospital does this, but they would not let me leave until I urinated a certain amount.  I wasn't allowed ANY fluids by mouth the day of surgery and then only 2 - 4 ounces per hour the day after...so it took 2 days for me to be able to use that bathroom like they wanted me to.  Not to mention that I was so sore, getting in and out of bed for the first few days...it wasn't fun but it's not horrible.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 10/30/12 8:08 am
VSG on 10/09/12
I was 95-93 kgs before surgery. And abiyt the same amount to lose as you. I will be over the moon if I lose 30 now. I also got the you don't need the surgery. And some folks say even now, why did you do it, you look just fine...yeah right... Never mind the hypertension, the high cholesterol, the type 2 diabetes and a host of other ailments just waiting to happen...Since when is 95 kgs normal for someone 5 ft 0 (150 cm) and no matter how muscular or big boned, I KNOW what I used to weigh and what was right for me. I remember 52 kilos and 58 and 60 and so on.......you go for it!!! You can be considered a lightweight in the wls world but you are plenty heavy enough to have the surgery and make good use of the tool to get down to your ideal healthy weight.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Rua07
on 10/30/12 8:31 am - Canada

Elina, thanks for the inspiration, I looked at your photos and you look great ...you use to be beautiful and you are now even more, keep up the good work

Thanks Laci and wantmylife I have to say that I feel you, I too remember myself when I was 54,60 and even 64 then boom to 85 after first child and 95 after the second! yes I too want my life back.

Thank you guys and please keep motivating me, I added you as friends hope that you can add me too.

kad1066
on 10/30/12 8:47 am

Hi!  I had a few things I would have liked someone to mention to me about surgery.   Here's what I learned:

1. Buy diaper rash ointment for the bowel prep day! If I had it at the start of the day, I would have saved myself some pain!

2. Bring a pillow for the ride home.. As a barrier between you and the seat belt.

3. Bring clothing and underwear that are a size too big for the ride home.  You don't want to put any pressure on your stomach and you will be bloated from the gas. 

Good luck!

Keywester
on 10/30/12 9:09 am
VSG on 12/05/12

Bowl prep day?

Bella_Fein
on 10/30/12 10:31 am, edited 10/30/12 10:32 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Bowel prep day!?! OMG  indecision

What is that!?!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question