Anyone Use Protein Blitz? Comments?

MuttLover
on 11/1/12 12:12 pm, edited 11/1/12 12:13 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

I have been reading through all of the my materials, and there is a reference to clear protein drinks whi*****ludes Isopure (which I've seen many reviews of here!) and Protein Blitz (which I haven't seen anyone mention in the months I've been on the board).  It's available at GNC and Vitamin Shoppe (according to my info).

Has anyone used it?  What do you think?  How does it compare to Isopure (or Isopuke as one poster so vividly referred to it!)

http://www.proteinblitz.com/all-products.htm

rhearob
on 11/1/12 12:15 pm, edited 11/1/12 12:16 pm - TN

Unflavored protein in general just tastes NASTY.  It can be used in cooking, and taste awesome.  You have to be careful using t though, think tempering eggs so they don't curdle in a hollandaise sauce.  If you get the protein above 160 degrees too quickly it will curdle into a clumpy mess.

You can also mix it with other flavored drinks - but if you are going to do that just buy the Nectar drinks.

As for flavored drinks - honestly the one I liked the best was either Nectar or Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein Isolate.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Could_It_Be
on 11/1/12 12:16 pm

IMHO, 20 oz is a lot to drink of a protein drink. Early out, on the advice of my NUT, I mixed my shakes using 1/2 the liquid just to get it over with and down. I have a friend who will 'nurse' her protein drink over the course of a work day... not for me!

Curious what others think about these drinks!

VSG on 6/22/11
Calking
on 11/1/12 3:27 pm
VSG on 05/31/12

My nutritionist said that you look for the following things when buying a protein powder or drink mix

- Whey protein as opposed to other forms

- 5 g or less fat

- 5 g or less carbs

- about 25 g protein per serving give or take a couple grams

Based on that criteria Protein Blitz sounds pretty good.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views