The grossest stuff ever!

prairie-dog-girl
on 11/2/12 6:42 am

I was sleeved Monday 10-29-12.Been having a lot of difficulty getting anything down.I unexpectly had a large hiatal hernia repaired at time of sleeve.I've  had chest pain since I woke in recovery.Doctor said it is combo of hernia/GERD and still  have the chest pain most times when I swallow.Bariatric nurse suggested the concentrated whey protein shots.Do not go there!!! Grossest stuff ever.So far, been able to get some protein down mixed with yougurt or SF pudding. Cream soup made me feel like throwing up.Any suggestions are appreciated.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 11/2/12 6:48 am
VSG on 10/09/12
Have you tried isopure zero carb ready to drink? I think its gross too but hugely diluted with water it worked for me. Interesting...I also had the surprise hernia repaired at the time of the sleeve and had no pain (chest or otherwise) or swallowing problems at all. Try the isopure. It might work for you.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

nieba
on 11/2/12 7:03 am - Rialto, CA
VSG on 09/04/12 with

I had GERD going in and still dealing with "its"  issues now. I laid on my back and very slowly drink the Isopure or Cytomax protein drinks from a shot glass. Did they put you on a PPI (Prilosec) after surgery?

Take everything very slow and trust me...it does get better.

Jennifer B.
(Can't wait to meet the new me!)

HW: 288  SW: 270.2   CW: 199.8  GW: 170-180   Hgt: 5'10" 

prairie-dog-girl
on 11/2/12 7:10 am

I had already been on prilosec for several years and am still on it.I'm trying not to dilute anything if I can help it.That would mean more swallowing and more pain.I really hope to be doing a lot better by 11-15 as I am having foot surgery that day.

nieba
on 11/2/12 7:15 am - Rialto, CA
VSG on 09/04/12 with

Try drinking while laying down and I think the wedge pillow is an awesome idea. It will get a little better as you go along, but go very slow on everything. Good Luck!

Jennifer B.
(Can't wait to meet the new me!)

HW: 288  SW: 270.2   CW: 199.8  GW: 170-180   Hgt: 5'10" 

LadyNoname
on 11/2/12 7:08 am - Eugene, OR

I didn't have a hiatal hernia, but I do have GERD and have had a lot of relief just from using a wedge pillow. It was a little hard to get used to at first, but it makes a major difference with the reflux. I bought mine at Walgreen's. The packaging says it's for breathing difficulties, but it works for GERD too. Might help at least one of your problems.

Tori

[url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][img]http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/2439/3250/24393250.png[/img][/url]
  Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free [url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com]Calorie Counter[/url]

debk21
on 11/2/12 7:27 am - Mansfield, TX

I knew from your subject line that this HAD to be the subject of your post...I couldn't agree more...It's the consistency of snot!  What could be good about that?  There ARE other and better ways.  I had to trash mine, cuz it was just too oogie for me...LOL!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

prairie-dog-girl
on 11/2/12 8:38 am

Hi Deb,I see from your stats your doing great.Our starting weights were similar.My high weight was 280. My day of surgery weight was 225. I hope to do as well as you have.Congratulations!

lee K.
on 11/3/12 5:25 am

HIya, I see we were sleeved on the same day.  Just wanted to add my 2 cents worth.  From what I understand from my dietician (she has been with me since my first enquiry into WLS) some of us are just slower eaters (I am) and take longer to adjust.  I was on only 1/3 apple juice, 2/3 water until friday.  I couldn't even manage water as it made me nauseous.  On thurs night I had 1 tsp sugar free jello, didn't like me....  On Friday night I managed to get in 1/4 cup protein shake.  Also didn't go down too well.  Today (Sat) I tried a fat free SF milkshake, also didn't agree with me.  Tonight I tried a campbells instant packet soup - cream of chicken and so far so good. 

I would just like to say that maybe you just need to take it slow.  That's the advice I was given.  My dietician actually recommends being on the full liquid diet till 8-12 weeks if necessary and not to ru****  Your stomach has so much healing to do, just give it time.  :)

All the best with your journey!

prairie-dog-girl
on 11/4/12 1:19 am

-Thanks! All I've  been eating is a little SF pudding or yogurt to mix  my protein with, per the dietician .These and liquids go down ok , it's just the chest pain I'm getting most times when I eat or drink that's the problem.I wasnt given a set amount of time I would be on liquids.She said she would see how it's going at my 2 week visit.I may be advanced or not.I don't care either way as I have no hunger and I dread eating or drinking because of the chest pain.Good luck to you!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views