One Year/Wedding!!

cdarragh
on 11/6/12 11:47 pm - Abilene, TX

Hello All!!!

I'm actually a little late in my ONE YEAR post op update, but oh well, I was in Utah having my wedding/honeymoon!!

So I'm down to 196# from my starting weight of 322! I still want to lose another 15-20 pounds, but I'm not overly concerned at the moment!

I've gone from a very tight size 24 jeans to a size 14

size 2X shirts to large

I've had to have my engagement ring sized three times, once to get it up to a size 9.5 then two more times to finally get it back to a size 7!

One thing people ask me all the time is if I feel better . . . and to be honest I really don't feel different at all. I still don't have any energy, and I can still look in the mirror and see an elephant sometimes, but I guess that comes with the territory of being overweight my entire life. As far as the energy thing, my doctor says it's just my schedule, my bloodwork is good, I take my vitamins, I'm eating/drinking enough, etc. But I feel tired ALL the time.

So enough there, time for pictures!!

Here is my before, just as a reminder . . .

And here are some of the pictures that I have from my wedding/honeymoon. (with one in there from the fitting!) We did kind of a planned elopement to Utah so it was just the two of us! The first one is from about a month ago, I just love the close up!! Hope everyone enjoys!!

HW: 355 SW: 322 GW: 160 HT: 6'1"

slimpickins5280
on 11/6/12 11:48 pm - CO

You look beautiful!

Congratulations!

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

cdarragh
on 11/6/12 11:49 pm - Abilene, TX

Thank You!

tlpldy
on 11/7/12 12:07 am

You looked beautiful for your wedding day!!  I hope the energy picks back up!

cdarragh
on 11/7/12 12:53 am - Abilene, TX

Thank You!

kimberleyann
on 11/7/12 12:17 am - Kingston, NS, Canada

congratulations, you made a beautiful bride.  Keep up the great work. Take time for yourself to regroup and look at your schedule are you over extending and burning yourself out? Are you sleeping okay?Was the stress from the wedding interfering with your system.  It could be any one or a combination of all that contributes to the tiredness. Give yourself a break and enjoy the your honeymoon period of marriage.

cdarragh
on 11/7/12 12:56 am - Abilene, TX

Thanks!! No, I get up at 5am and am usually in bed by 9pm. whether I sleep more or less than that, I end up feeling the same. I have a two year old that keeps me going and I never seem to sit still, but I feel tired all the time. There really wasnt any stress to go with the wedding. We have been together almost four years and have a two year old together and like I said it was a very small affair. I appreciate your suggestions!

MuttLover
on 11/7/12 12:19 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Congrats!  When I lost a lot of weight on Atkins, I was still exhausted, and the doc said, Well you iron is on the low side of normal -- due, I was anemic.  I bruised easily too, but didn't put the pieces together.  So please have him check your iron to find out if you are bordering on anemia, especially if you have heavy periods!  I remember going to gym and almost crying because I was too tired to even get on the bike!

Also, are you taking your B-12?Check to see if that's on the low side as well. 

Of course, if it's just your schedule, and you are getting a decent amount of sleep, you'll should be feeling better soon!

cdarragh
on 11/7/12 1:17 am - Abilene, TX

Thank You! I had asked about my iron at my last appointment and he said that was good, he said that the only thing he could really suggest (since I don't really have the luxury of changing my schedule) is to up my intake of B12, which I have done and still feel the same.

BrendaR1965
on 11/7/12 12:37 am - OH
VSG on 10/23/12

what an awesome journey you are having and a beautiful wedding...congratulations on both...

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views