Sleeved and Home!

whnuwshupnastr
on 11/9/12 6:06 am - MO

I was sleeved yesterday at 10 - and just got home an hour or so ago.

I'm not going to lie, last night was one of the worst in my life.  The gas pain / acid reflux was horrible.  If anyone has had their gallbladder removed, it's like one of those episodes except the morphine does not help AT ALL.  I was also dry heaving from the nausea - which generally came in waves if I was moving around a lot.  They wouldn't let me drink anything yesterday because they were waiting on a leak test that I took this morning.

I was so looking forward to the popsicle, I barely had the whole thing and was full.  I drank about two teaspoons of water and I was full.  I'm trying to be over cautious.  I'm going to try starting my protein tomorrow, but I'm very, very, nervous.  

Does anyone use a tasteless protein powder?  I think that's probably going to be my best bet.

I'll keep you guys posted.

MuttLover
on 11/9/12 6:22 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Sorry you had such a rough first day!  Sending good vibes and prayers for a speedy recovery!  I am next week, so we can compare notes. 

I haven't started using my protein powders yet, but I'm sure others will have suggestions!

vsgwife
on 11/9/12 7:20 am
VSG on 11/05/12

Hope you get to feeling better soon!  My husband was sleeved on Monday.  As far as a "tasteless" protein.  There is no such thing.  Unjury makes an "unflavored" protein, but this just means its not like chocolate, or vanilla, etc.  Some people can do the unflavored in jello, crystal light, pudding.  Not my husband.  He cannot stand the taste of anything that has unflavored protein in it :(  Maybe it will work for you!  its works for alot of people here!

Best of Luck!

Kelly

Most Active