Liquid Diet Hint

MuttLover
on 11/11/12 6:15 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Well, I'm gearing up for two days of liquids before my surgery on Wednesday, and I know -- what's two days when many of you have had two weeks?  But this evening, it occurred to me that anytime I'm sick and can only drink soup, I send DH out for the special wonton soup at a local Chinese restaurant.  The broth is so rich and flavorful, that most of the time, I only drink the broth.

Duh!!! I dropped by and asked if I could get two quarts of chicken broth -- no wontons, nothing -- just the broth.  The young man said Sure -- like they get this request a lot.  So I asked if they get the request a lot, and he said yes -- that he was really surprised how often people come in and aske for it.

So, if you have a favorite Chinese restaurant where you love the wonton soup -- you may want to check this out.  It may be a little high on the sodium side, but I'm not concerned for just a few days pre-op and post op!

Best of luck to everyone!  I'm doing the rest of my pre-op "nesting" (and trying not to be nervous!).

Kelly-AnneH
on 11/11/12 6:48 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
What a great idea! Also wonderful as a post op tip, since a decent tasting NON sweet drink is what so many people really want. (I sure did!)

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

dr_spatula
on 11/11/12 6:54 am
VSG on 07/27/12

Good luck! For me, getting my protein in the liquids was key from having severe carb/naughty food withdrawals and making it though to surgery. The Unjury chicken broth did the trick! :) And, if you like Chinese food, you can make a pretty good hot & sour soup with it as a base during your first few phases.

karismommy231
on 11/11/12 8:24 am
VSG on 11/05/12

My visiting nurse actually recommended that to me for post op fluids yesterday. I never would of thought. Has anyone had egg drop soup post op? I would think it is full of protein!?

HW: 235, SW: 227, CW: 152.0, 83 lbs lost since 10/22/12 --Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.

Bella_Fein
on 11/11/12 10:44 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I love egg drop soup!!! I may have to get that post op and strain out any solids. Yum!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

KnitsByMama
on 11/11/12 8:29 am - MO
VSG on 10/16/12

I did this too!! The WonTon broth was a lifesaver for me as it was so nice and flavorful. :0)

Ashley H.
on 11/11/12 9:02 am - Keller, TX
VSG on 11/13/12

Thanks for the hint!  I've been doing a TON of soups with isopure unflavored protein mixed in for my week of pre-op.  I will definitely have someone grab me some wonton with no wonton on our way home!  I am having my surgery Tuesday!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views