I WAS APPROVED!!!!!!

christina88
on 11/16/12 11:00 am

I just got my letter from the insurance company that they did approve my surgery for 11/30!!!! So today i am not nervous, just excited!! I want to start packing a bag already haha. It feels like theres so much to do its only 2 weeks away! Trying to figure out what i will need right after surgery and what to bring to the hospital with me, but still have a little time to get it all together. Are you on alot of pain meds after you leave the hospital? I have my mom watching my little one for the 2 days ill be in the hospital but if im going to be drugged i should probably have someone watch her a couple more days. Sad to have to leave her for that long but it will be worth it in the end!!

mimij
on 11/16/12 11:05 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

I did take some liquid narcotic at home but only needed it at bedtime for about 4 nights. You may need to sleep more than usual for that first week. I found that to be true. I don't know how old your little one is, but if you can nap when he or she naps that may work for you. You can't do any lifting of your child until the doctor clears you for that. My doctor said no lifting for 2 weeks. Each doctor has their own protocols. Congratulations on getting your approval. See you on the losers bench soon. Best wishes.

Oh, type in things to bring to hospital in search bar and you will find previous posts with that info.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

christina88
on 11/16/12 11:18 am
Thank you!! Yea she's 2 so she only takes like an hour nap per day so I guess I will need someone here to help me! The not picking her up is gonna be hard but I've been trying to do it less and less these couple weels to kinda get us both used to it. Can't wait to be on the losers bench!!
pineview01
on 11/16/12 2:03 pm - Davison, MI

I watched my daughters than 2 year old for her.  If her DH wasn't there I took the little guy as she couldn't lift him and he liked to run and throw himself at her tummy for hugs at that age.

I would take as much help with her as you can get at that age.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Ashley H.
on 11/16/12 12:14 pm - Keller, TX
VSG on 11/13/12

My son will be 3 in January.  He got home this afternoon and had an accident.  I was so thankful my parents were here because I couldn't move the way I needed to to change him!  Much less put him on the potty or bath tub.  I felt extra helpless when that happened- it was one of those well glad they are here kinda moments.  He also is big on running up to me and asking for me to hold him.  It kills me to say no.  He also doesn't understand he can't just climb up in my lap like always.... Just some things to think about :). Congrats on your surgery!!!!!

Missymellie33
on 11/16/12 12:33 pm

Hi,

Saw your post...congrats on your approval.  May I ask why or how you got approved so quickly.  I've been researching the VSG for over a year....I am ready for a change! Ready to jump on the table!.  Don't wanna waste another minute of my life, being heavy. Any advice? Kind regards, Missymellie33

christina88
on 11/16/12 9:44 pm
Well my primary dr gave me a referral to the bariatric center and I had to go to the orientation which is 2 hrs and the surgeon talks all about the options and risks and everything. Then they called me a few weeks later for my 1st appt., and determined the sleeve would work for me. Then you have to go through a lot of testing like blood work, upper gi,xrays,ultrasounds and more bloos work. After all that and a medical clearance from primary dr they submit everything to the insurance company to see if they will approve the surgery. Luckily mine did but I know some people that go through everything and then getdenied. I did some research though and found that my insurance usually does approve. Still a huge weight lifted off my shoulders!
Missymellie33
on 11/17/12 7:39 am

Wow!

Thanks for sharing.  That's exactly how I hope my approval process goes.   It would be a dream come true. Congratulations! -MIssymellie33

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 79 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views