Giving up protein supplements (and some NSV's)

danixbanani
on 11/15/12 11:31 pm - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

After much money being spent and powders being thrown away, I'm throwing in the towel on trying to find a protein powder that works for me.  I couldn't tolerate the RTD's either and I'm tired of trying.  I start solids this weekend so I will just try my best to get protein from food. 

If anyone would like me to send them a sample packet of the following powders, just PM me your address: syntrax nectar twisted cherry and roadside lemonade, and Chike Coffee protein powder.  They just weren't good to me and I'm not going to waste my time with them anymore.

In other news, I have two NSV's to report.  I went down a size in jeans is number 1!!!! It feels so good.  I can still wear my size 18's but they are just comfy pants know.  I found heaven sent jeans in Macy's from their Style & Co brand.  Premium skinny jeans, they are soft like butter and I can comfortably wear a size 16!  The other NSV is that at a work presentation this week where there was candy and munchkins on every table staring me in the face, I resisted eating any of it and I oh so badly wanted to eat a piece of candy or munchkin but I DIDN'T!  I wrestled with myself internally about it and didn't pay much attention to the presentations but who cares! lol  I feel good. 

OH, and officially down 28lbs since September.  21lbs since surgery! 

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

Missy30
on 11/15/12 11:38 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

Sorry to hear about the protein drinks.  I won't be of much help in that area because I like the RTD's and some of the powders.  And what a wonderful NSV I love love love Macy's Style & Co jeans.  I bought two pair a couple of months ago and they had the tummy control just another little added benefit lol. 

tashacan
on 11/15/12 11:56 pm - OK

I"m sorry to hear that the protein powders are not working for you...but they don't work for me either.  :)  I think I have tried everything under the sun! :)  I just make sure that 99% of what goes in my mouth is protein.  I still have a hard time getting hardly anything down...I'm thinking I may still be a little swollen in there. :)

Congrats on your NSV's! 

Keith L.
on 11/16/12 12:20 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I was there, then I was reading on this Dr.'s bariatric surgery tips for success and the #1 tip was get 30grams of protein for breakfast. The only way to do that is protein shake. I made mine this morning with finely ground flax seed and managed to get 44 grams of protein and 19 grams of fiber and while they flax seeds did stick between my teeth, it gave the shake a nice flavor.

Have you tried mixing protein powder with greek yogurt? I haven't yet but I plan to this weekend.

On another note I am enjoying a RTD Muscle Milk Light Vanilla Latte and while I would never have called myself a latte drinker, this is a very tasty protein shake (160 cals, 20g portein, 10 carbs (0 sugar, 5g fiber). Killing the fiber today!

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

hollirrose
on 11/16/12 4:24 am
VSG on 04/21/12
Sorry you cant find any protein you like. I dont really like them all that much either but I still drink them to get a min of 60 protein. Even at about 7 months out I can not reach that goal without a shake. I think of the shakes as medicine... Not something that I like to do but something that must be done to stay healthy.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 286 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 337 views