I knew better but did it anyways...

racemomss
on 11/15/12 11:16 pm - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

Last night the old girl in me came out.. My youngest son wanted Long John Silvers.. Sooooo I did it.. Soooooo not good. I will never have that again.. Funny thing though the old me would have chowed down on all the fried goodness and the new me ate one hushpuppy and tasted only grease.. The fish fillet wasn't good either.. Neither was the cole slaw bite. The smell made me nauseous after and I am writing that off my list of foods for me... I did notice this morning I have retained water in my hands and feet and extremely thirsty. I can only imagine how bad I used to treat my body. Now I listen and learn... Just thought that I would share that kind of nsv.. lol

mimij
on 11/15/12 11:35 pm - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

Thanks for sharing that. Experience is the best teacher I suppose. Hope you will not suffer the mild side effects too long. Take care.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

slatond
on 11/16/12 12:55 am

I helped w/ a school fundraiser @ Zaxby's this past Tues.... I did  take my protein shake and drank b4 my turn to help which entailed taking the trays to the tables. I was pleasantly surprised that looking @ the trays didn't tempt me.

The smell of the "grease" I guess, actually turned my stomach rather than made me want the food. Like you I was thinking in the past I would have gotten the plate of heavily fried food and chowed down! I did get a kids meal for my daughter and I wasn't even tempted to steal one FF. ( HUGE NSV for me as I was a FF aholic b4 VSG)

Alison V.
on 11/16/12 3:54 am - MO
VSG on 10/22/12

Sometimes I wonder why people post the stuff they do.  In this case, I am so glad you shared your experience.  I have been eyeing the LJS by me.  I will not go now.    I had some hand water retention last week, I wonder if it was connected to something I ate.  Again, thanks for sharing.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 102 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 325 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 369 views