United Healthcare Choice Plus PPO-Albany ---does it cover VSG?

adstephens23
on 11/18/12 3:18 am - Norman Park, GA

Does anyone know if UHC Choice Plus PPO of Albany (Miller/Coors) covers the VSG preferably but any weight loss surgery? Our insurance will go into effect Jan. 2013 and I can't register on MyUHC.com yet to see if it is covered. I'm trying to see what my requirements will be so I can start preparing asap. ANY help, advice or direction would be greatly appreciated. I will be wanting the surgery done in Atlanta, GA.

Thanks,

Amy

ParisGirl
on 11/18/12 4:21 am
VSG on 04/25/13

You can call the insurance company and ask them in advance.  That's what I did.  I changed insurance this month.  Be sure to ask if your company covers the surgery, too.  Some companies will exclude it.

All the best to you!

adstephens23
on 11/18/12 10:10 am - Norman Park, GA

Thanks for the advice. I think I will just call, they may give me an answer even if our 90 days is not up yet.

Amy

adstephens23
on 11/18/12 11:14 am - Norman Park, GA

Thanks so much!

RedStar98
on 11/18/12 8:57 am - Johnston, RI
VSG on 10/02/12
It depends on the plan your employer negotiated with UHC. I had UHC up until this year. I attempted WLS in 2010, they wouldn't cover it, even with all health issues, high bmi, docs letters, they denied on appeal. my employer switched to BCBS on 1/1/12. First thing I did was call them to see if it was covered. It was, I just had to meet certain criteria. You bday have to wait until you recieve the paperwirk from employer to be able to call them, because coverage will be baced on employet. good luck

adstephens23
on 11/18/12 11:16 am - Norman Park, GA

I'm just going to break down and call.  Thank you.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views