6 Weeks Post-OP - Update and question regarding calorie intake/excerise

grobles
on 11/18/12 11:29 pm
VSG on 10/08/12

Greetings!  Just a quick update - I was sleeved on 10/8, and have lost  35.5 lbs.  I am a third of the way to my goal in just six weeks!  I haven't seen these numbers on the scale for 10 years!  I have more energy, and rarely nap anymore.  I tolerate most foods  pretty well, and have only had one occasion when I threw up.  I think I drank some water too soon after I ate, or I just can't tolerate chicken salad.   I haven't had a migraine since I came home from the hospital after surgery.  It is amazing!   

I joined Curves recently, and have been working out 4 times a week, burning between 350 and 400 calories at each work out.  I am getting in between 600 and 800 calories and 60 to 70 grams of protein a day - all regular food now - and I am a little concerned about  burning over half of my calories in my work outs.  Is that going to slow down my metabolism by making my body go into starvation mode?  Any thoughts?  I have a call in to the dietician at my doctor's office, as well.

Thanks!

Wendi

SuzyNZ
on 11/19/12 1:14 am, edited 11/19/12 9:14 am
VSG on 09/17/12
A body has to deplete ALL fat reserves before it goes into starvation mode and we have plenty for it to munch on before that is even a remote possibility.

Never add more food because you exercise. As long as you are getting your set numbers from food (cals/protein/fluid etc) just keep doing what you are doing. You are doing great!

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 90 views