Anyone else?? Left arm/shoulder hurts after eating sometimes

Ohiogirl
on 11/17/12 1:36 pm - OH
VSG on 10/02/12

I am 6 1/2 wks post op and I have noticed since surgery that after some meals or if I drink my liquids a little too quickly - my left arm and shoulder hurts after eating/drinking.  Wondering if anyone else has had this happen.  Doesn't happen everytime - thinking maybe it is a vagal reaction if I eat or drink faster than I should.  Slowing down eating has been a problem for me - especially if eating hot food - hate it when it gets cold.  So working on that but still wondering about the shoulder/arm pain.  Happens maybe once every couple days.  I've had cardiac workup recently so I don't think it is that.  Guess I'll call my surgeon's office Monday but til then - let me know if anyone else has this problem.

Paula

pyrdoglover
on 11/17/12 2:02 pm - OH
VSG on 07/10/12

I have the same problem. I happens when I eat a bite too much or too fast. Some times if I eat a heavy protein. It goes away quickly and kind of worried me in the beginning too. I'm 4+ months.  Mentioned it to my doc and he wasn't concerned. Probably related to the vagus nerve. Doesn't seem to be a common issue.

Patty

Ohiogirl
on 11/17/12 2:20 pm - OH
VSG on 10/02/12

Good to know I am not the only one but aren't we lucky since it isn't a common issue?  When you say yours goes away quickly - my lasts an 45-60 min sometimes.  Annoying to say the least.  Guess I better slow down my eating and drinking. Thanks for your response.

Paula

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 11/17/12 3:15 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
I think its vagus nerve issues. I also have had that a couple of times. Shoulder and sort of in the back. Helps to stop or slow down!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

LDallas
on 11/17/12 9:11 pm
VSG on 10/25/12
I'm a little over three wks out. My left shoulder hurts if i walk too much. It hurts on top, between neck and shoulder. Feels like it's not strong enough to hold up my head or something. Weird.

SW (10/25/12)......303  size 24/26. Age 50

CW: 225  size 14/16

F/5'10"

pyrdoglover
on 11/18/12 1:12 am - OH
VSG on 07/10/12

Mine is exactly in the same place,right in the middle of my shoulder. It is very sharp, stabbing pain. I never timed how long it last. maybe 15 minutes? My concern was that it is an indication of a staple leak to have pain there, but apparently that is different and doesn't go away. I would still probably call the office tomorrow just because.

Patty

novascotiadawn
on 11/18/12 1:10 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

That was the worse pain everrrrrrrrrrr!!!! The left shoulder pain!!! Mine was due to my leak/abscesses....It was a longggg two years before it went away!

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views