i hit a plateau YIKES!

Lexi2012
on 11/20/12 5:03 am
VSG on 06/13/12

i am 5 months out and haven't lost any weight for 3 wks now,  i feel like a looser (not the good kind)  I'm afraid with the holidays coming I won't lose any more wight and thats it.  I feel as if i got sleeved for nothing

Feeling down and fat

Lexi         
Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 11/20/12 5:09 am
VSG on 10/09/12
You know about stalls! You are a good loser! Over 10 lbs a month average is great. You are half way to goal. Search breaking a stall or better yet reach out to Elina. You will be fine! And the stall will break and you will get to goal. If you don't eat pizza and drink coke with it that is!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Shagdoll
on 11/20/12 5:19 am, edited 11/20/12 5:21 am

If you are sticking to your diet plan, then I'm sure it's just a stall which happens to most of us.  If you have increased your calories & carbs a bit like me then it's more than likely a maintenance point.  I don't think we get sleeved for nothing but I have my moments of feeling down & fat too.  We just need to buckle down and get back to basics if we are not being as strict as we should.  I've had my fair share of stalls over the past 15 months.  Too many to count but I also know that I have increased my calories during some of these stalls.

If you like give us an idea of what you are eating... calories, carbs, protein, water intake ... I'm sure some vets can chime in to help.

PrettyEyes_41
on 11/20/12 5:34 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12

I was sleeved the day before you and I too am on the third week of a stall right now. I'm only 12 lbs from goal so I kinda was expecting things to slow down but not to completely stop - LOL. I am still on plan and not giving up because of it. I've increased my protein from 60-80 to 80-100 and increased my water to over 80oz. I'm hoping that I'll start losing again but if I don't by the weekend then I'm going to try a few days of a liquid diet. Don't feel down and fat - it's not over by a long shot! It's only over if you give up and we're not going to let you do that!!  Get back up on that horse and let's ride together!! WE CAN DO THIS!!

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

Lexi2012
on 11/20/12 9:09 am
VSG on 06/13/12

thanks everyone for your encouragement, i believe it is the pizza, lol  i work for a utility company and hurricane sandy has devastated the northeast and we are working around the clock to get towns restored, since we have been working 12 plus hours the company buys us pizza many day and although i could barely eat a slice the extra salt intake would be bad for me.  it makes sense to me now.  thankfully the hours at work are beginning to normalize and my water intake is back to norm, hopefully this helps get me back on track

thanks everyone for your support and to allow me to vent

Lexi         
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 76 views