Fruit Flavored Protein Supplements yuck!

loulou1969
on 11/23/12 12:50 pm

Am I the only person who finds the fruit flavored Nectar supplements nasty!?!?  I tried them in the hospital and just couldn't do them.  I ordered some unflavored protein from Unjury.  Hope that is better.  I did great with the AdvantageEdge low carb protein shakes pre surgery, but didn't have any luch with these.  It may be because I was so nauseous, but really afraid to try them again.  I almost got sick the first time.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 11/23/12 2:30 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
I find the Nectar ones gross too, very bad smell. But I found a way to get around that! I use a sports bottle that closes up almost hermetically, with a sippy spout. Can't smell anything and the taste is OK. Great way to get your protein and fluid in. I try to do one a day, either roadside lemonade or fuzzy navel.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

VerucaSallt
on 11/23/12 8:04 pm - NJ
VSG on 10/11/12 with

I like them :D  I love their sweets line, too.

Laci M.
on 11/24/12 12:05 am
VSG on 10/09/12

I've tried a few of them and they're not too bad.  The Strawberry Kiwi one is my favorite.  I add a little strawberry kiwi dasani flavoring to it and it's pretty darn good.

loulou1969
on 11/24/12 12:55 am

My perception of them may have been tainted since I was so nauseous the days they tried to make me drink them.  I will try them again now that the nausea has passed.  Hopefully  my tastebuds will not be as fragile this time around.  I have to get some protein in.  I am getting weak.  4 days nothing but sugar free koolaid and water.

Most Active
Recent Topics