Getting closer...On liquids...

Auveca
on 11/23/12 12:18 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/27/12

Started liquids today in prep for my Tuesday sleeve installation...nervous, excited, hungry.  I feel sleepy and puny.  Very little energy.  Not really hungry, just pooped.  Is this normal?

loulou1969
on 11/23/12 12:36 pm

I did great for the first 4 days of liquid, then I hit a weak spot for a little over 24 hrs.  I got weak, shaky, and very tired.  I just had to push through it and upped my liquids.  Make sure you are taking advantage of every little carb that is allowed on your diet.  I realized I had skipped two of my shakes when I got to feeling weak.  I made sure not to miss any more and I did great the rest of the time. 10 days.  I am just 3 days out from my sleeve surgery.  The better hydrated you are going into your surgery, the better off you will be after surgery if you have any problems with getting in the liquids post op.  I had my surgery Tues and came home today.  I walked out of the hospital with no pain meds or anything.  The day of surgery (pain) and next day (nausea) were my only bad days.  I feel so much better now than I did two days ago. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 65 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 249 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 316 views