1 Week Post Op... Feeling Amazing

EVeckley75
on 12/4/12 9:57 am - CA

So My surgery was last Tuesday 11/27 and I feel Amazing. I have had no troubles holding down any liquids and feel like i could already start on the soft foods (Even though I have one more week till the DR says i can). I have had minimal pain at the surgical sites and mainly only the largest where they removed the section of stomach at. I have been drinking up to and over 4 bottles of water and 2 protein drinks every day. On top of the strained soups and broth i can have. I don't know about most people but my DR put me on Prilosec for the next 90 days and they seem to really help with any kind of upset stomach or heart burn.. I have not thrown up at all but i have had the occasional issues with drinking too much and feeling full to my throat.. Hope everyone else is having success as well

funstuff_4ever
on 12/4/12 11:09 am
VSG on 01/17/13

Sounds like you're doing great! Congrats! Who was your surgeon? I'm also in CA, and just wondering to see if it's the same as mine. Keep up the good work!

EVeckley75
on 12/4/12 11:11 am - CA
Dr. Yadegar in Palmdale CA
Cindi A.
on 12/4/12 11:13 am - Vancouver, Canada
VSG on 11/26/12

I am definitely feeling better, day by day. Good energy. Some days I have no problem getting in food and water. Other days I fall short. Just hard to give it the 100% attention it needs as I went back to school and got inundated with pre-grad stuff. Ugh!!!

Hardest thing? Trying to type, prepare notes and lesson plans, finish up craft projects, and get from here to there with one hand ALWAYS occupied by a water bottle. It's a necessary nuisance but I have not gotten good at it yet. It annoys me. Then I fall behind and try to play catch-up by drinking more in a short time. Yuck, that's a little uncomfy!!

Pain-wise, just some small discomfort occasionally and gas when I try to drink too much at a time. Totally understandable.

I know it'll get easier but I admit ti being a bit emotional about it right now. I want to do this well, and the healthiest way possible, but when I fail to meet my high standards I am unhappy.

Don't regret the decision though. Just eager to get past the early days.

centurycard     

Surg: Nov. 26/12 1st Goal: Lose 100lbs Reached Feb. 14/14 New Goal: 135lbs

TANTALUMTEDDY
on 12/5/12 12:16 am - Australia

Here here.... just need to get past these early days.

Terrimarv
on 12/4/12 8:50 pm - IL
VSG on 12/04/12
Sounds like you could be the VSG poster child--I'm very glad for you that things have gone so well!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 446 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 466 views