Good Evening all, was wondering if this is the norm??

Auveca
on 12/4/12 11:05 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/27/12

I am 1 week today, and I feel puny.  I have been getting most of my water, peeing good, not dehydrated.  Fair amounts of protein, upwards of 50 gr.  I do have thrush.  I am treating with Nystatin.  My main incision site is still sore and my right flank is sore now, like the muscles are sore. I don't have any energy, I just want to sleep.  I can walk a mile or two with no problems other than flank pain and the feeling of tenderness over my main incision.  I just feel blah. I am ready to be going...getting things done.  

Your thoughts??

abeautifulday21
on 12/4/12 11:14 am
VSG on 11/26/12
I felt that way 5 days out. I pushed my fluids - water and Crystal Light Pure - to 100 oz. Have felt much much better since. We have just had major surgery so we are going to have some sluggish periods while we adjust. I am still sore. My surgeon has said no lifting over 10 pounds for 1 month which is difficult. I am not exercising as I was told not to until I see doc for 1st post op. Hope you feel better.
abeautifulday21    
(deactivated member)
on 12/4/12 11:17 am

Yeah thats pretty common to happen about that time.

Auveca
on 12/4/12 11:47 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/27/12

Thanks for the rapid feed back!  You guys are all awesome!

charjp
on 12/4/12 12:01 pm - galesburg, IL

It wasn't until I hit week 3 that I felt like I wasn't as tired and had a good amount of energy.  Even though we have small incisions, the surgery is major and it does take time for insides of us to heal. 

anninva
on 12/4/12 12:15 pm - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with

^^agree!  I basically felt like crap for the first two weeks or whenever I was able to eat mashies. It will pass though. Hang in there!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/12 2:02 pm

Sounds like you are right on track!

You will feel better soon. Trust me on that!

Rita M.
on 12/4/12 6:29 pm - Webster, MA

Hi Auveca,

maybe you started out with too much too soon? I have not had a great recovery myself and I am 6 days post-op but it is getting better every day.

Question: What is thrush? How do you know you have it and what does it look like? Heard of it before and am a little concerned because it seems to be a wide spread problem.

Hugs,

Rita

TANTALUMTEDDY
on 12/5/12 12:11 am - Australia

Hi there :)

Im about the same post op as you and I actually found I had quite a lot of muscle/bone pain! Surprising to me but sleeping on my sides and even my back had me feeling really sore/bruised/tender for a while, even now its still a bit sore over the hips especially.

I have been going out every day doing christmas shopping, visiting friends and family and out for dinner and movies last night and I must admit, I am exhausted by the end of the day! But also glad to be out of the house to be honest. I suppose once we get more food and protein in we should feel better.

Hope your day gets better my dear :)

Auveca
on 12/5/12 12:50 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/27/12

Thanks!  I am trying to get out, but i find I can't hang, I have to go lay in the car.  This isn't me, I am usually up and at 'em immediately.  It is driving me bonkers!  

Glad you are doing well!  Good luck!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 78 views