Day 10 and really excited!! Need some friends :)

iwant2bethin
on 12/5/12 6:10 am

My doctor told me that adding skimmed milk to tea or coffee would make it more tolerable.  I've tried it with tea and loved it but too scared to try coffee just yet.  

texasrigdiver
on 12/5/12 6:21 am - TX
DS on 11/29/12

I had my surgery, on 11/28, DS. just like a good bite of food on it's path, it always has to go through the sleeve first, I always check out the VSG boards, lots of good info. The day of surgery at home necked on my scale I was 295. my surgery was on Thursday 11/28 and I was home on 11/30. Weighed myself then and I was 310, gained 15 lbs Ha. no big deal, I bet over the next 18 months I lose quite a bit more than 15 pounds. I've lost about 9 pounds of the 15 I gained so I'm not even back to a null point yet.

"...the sun is the same in a relative way but were older, shorter of breath, and one day closer to death..." Pink Floyd 

LilySlim Weight charts

M1(22);                                        

iwant2bethin
on 12/5/12 6:45 am
With a DS I'm sure you'll be losing the weight fast in no time. Hope you're feeling ok and best of luck to you. I hope you're excited too!
mimij
on 12/5/12 6:30 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

Congratulations! What a speedy recovery. Anyone is welcome to friend me.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

iwant2bethin
on 12/5/12 3:48 pm

Thanks mimij!

2blues
on 12/5/12 6:52 am
VSG on 11/26/12

I had my surgery on the 26 th. I'm doing good but I could not walk a mile. I walk a lot but short distances frequently. I'm very impressed by you progress. I need friends too so please friend me i would love to share our journeys. 

iwant2bethin
on 12/5/12 3:50 pm

Any exercise is good at this point.  I'm also pleasantly surprised that I'm this active so soon after the surgery.  

I hope it gets easier for you and I would love to be friends :)

Smiley_23
on 12/5/12 7:19 am
VSG on 11/26/12
My surgery was on the 26th!! I'm a stay at home mom so my exercise is chasing my 1 year old twinkies. Haven't really started to count protein yet, just REALLY trying to get down my liquids (unsuccessfully). I still get some gas pain when I eat or drink but other than that I'm good. I also think I strained my biggest incision and it feels sore every now and then but my babies need me. Good luck on our continued journey!!
iwant2bethin
on 12/5/12 4:05 pm

Oh no.  Are you carrying the babies?  How can you not though.. I'm a stay at home mom too but mine are 5 and 6 now and off at school half the day and, thankfully, they don't have to be carried although they still ask to be sometimes.. buggers. 

My dr said not lift anything heavy for 2 months so my best advice would be to live on the floor as much as you can instead of lifting them.  A friend of mine had surgery when her son was young and she just brought everything lower so she wouldn't have to lift him so much.  

I get the gas pains when I eat and drink too but I guess this is what we're stuck with now.  It's not so bad.  Although my dr told me not use a straw and sip instead I swear the straw is better.  I think you end up swallowing less air that way, you just have to go slow.  

Good luck to you too! 

Ash112013
on 12/5/12 8:56 am

I had my sleeve on 11/29/12, my first few days were rough but yesterday and today I feel great. I have been walking every hour and today took my dog for a walk. I am excited for this journey. The protein is the worst for me, I can drink water and crystal light just fine. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views