Surgery Tomorrow and APP Question

mdusha
on 12/5/12 10:21 pm - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

Well, it seems it's finally here. My surgery is tomorrow around 2:00, so I have to be at the hospital at noon. While I had a lot of nerves and misgivings before, I seemed to have turned a corner and am ready to do this and get it done. Nervous about the pain and nausea (God, the nausea...b/c I am ALWAYS throwing up after surgery of any kind), but know that it will be transient.

Trying to get all my ducks in a row today about packing and being sure I take everything I may need to the hospital. Also having my hair colored today :-) 

One question I have is about protein and fluid tracking. Does anyone know of an iPhone or iPad app to help with this? If I could just tick boxes off or something to track the protein, fluid, and maybe even activity and vitamins, I think it would help a lot. Any thoughts?

m

Check out my blog at www.selfimageafterweightloss.com

emelar
on 12/5/12 10:24 pm - TX

Myfitnesspal has a mobile app.

on the nausea, let them know and make sure the doc starts the anti-nausea meds in the I'VE before you wake up!  Best of luck. 

Rita M.
on 12/5/12 10:43 pm - Webster, MA

MY FITTNESS PAL is what I would suggest also. Good luck tomorrow. 

Hugs,

Rita

mimij
on 12/5/12 11:19 pm - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

Yeah, My Fitness Pal. I am mimij4 on there if you want to friend me. It helps to have support group there. Best wishes tomorrow. Try to think positive thoughts about the pain and nausea. Don't have expectations that you will have either of them. I had some hypnosis preop and I didn't have any discomfort other than very mild discomfort after surgery. I was amazed at how well I did. You will do well too. See you on the losers' bench.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views