6 Days Post-Op and Ears Ringing

JohnnyMadison
on 12/5/12 11:54 pm
VSG on 11/30/12

I had my VSG on 11/30/12, so I am 6 days post-op.  Incisions healing well, very minimal pain, no problem getting liquids in, no puking, fully hydrated, very gradually progressing into pureed food, had 80+ grams of protein and 70+ oz of water yesterday.  All going fine.

Here's my issue.  When I eat or drink, my ears start ringing.  No other symptoms suggestive of a leak (no pain, no temperature, no flush in the face, no nausea, etc.) exist in my body, but of course that doesn't mean I'm not worried about.

This morning I woke up, took my antibiotic capsule and preventative Prilosec fine with a few sips of water and then took a 30 minute walk.  I came back and sipped 1 cup of unsweetened Almond milk over the course of 45 minutes.  My ears immediately started ringing and now that I'm done, the ringing is slowly fading away and I feel fine.

The only other "unusual" thing is that I have not felt full or hungry since the sleeve.  Everything goes down.  It does bubble and gurgle but that seems normal.  I forgot I had the sleeve and took two huge gulps of water after a massage two days ago, and the pain was very fleeting and minimal.  This was probably 3 ounces in two quick gulps.

Anyone else experience ears ringing only when eating or drinking and then it fades?

Rita M.
on 12/6/12 12:51 am - Webster, MA

OK, wow no never heard of it. Did you Google it and find something? Maybe do some internet research and see if you find something. I would def consult your surgeon or PCP and find out what the heck is going on. Good to know that you have no problems with keeping fluids in or going down. 

Hope you find some answers.

Hugs,

Rita

JohnnyMadison
on 12/6/12 12:57 am
VSG on 11/30/12

I've Google'd it and the technical name is tinnutis but there's nothing I've found correlating it to WLS or the sleeve, in fact I found few things that said WLS cures tinnutis -- LOL!  I have seen that the cause of it can be withdrawal from certain substances so maybe that's part of it (carb withdrawal, overloaded food withdrawal, etc.).  I don't know.  In my own head, the space in my new tummy is so tiny that consumption increases pressure which triggers the ears ringing.  I will email my doc just to be safe.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views