what to take to the hosp?

autumnM.80
on 12/8/12 11:17 pm - Johnson City , NY
In 20hrs i will officially be sitting on the losers bench any suggestions on what to bring with me ?
sleevegirl
on 12/8/12 11:33 pm - Austin, TX

If you are just doing the overnight, bring very little. You won't need it. My suggestions:

Chapstick
Something to read, maybe
Cell phone & charger
Insurance card and ID
List of meds you are taking and any allergies
Biotene Mouth Spray
*I wore the same clothes home that I wore there, just make sure they are stretchy
*I just wore the hospital gown and one backwads and I used their socks

That's it. Maybe your own pillow, but I was so high on drugs, I didn't care.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

ULA_LONG
on 12/8/12 11:34 pm
VSG on 12/05/12

Chap stix ,your own pillow,lose close to go home.Thanks all I took worked perfect

texasrigdiver
on 12/8/12 11:41 pm - TX
DS on 11/29/12
I took a book, my ipad, and some other crap, I used Chapstick, biotene, my own pillow and I wore home what I wore there, loose fitting clothing. I was in too much pain or under the influence most of the time to do anything but sit there and veg. Oh, I also took my Capp but never used it as laying down was extremely painful for me.

"...the sun is the same in a relative way but were older, shorter of breath, and one day closer to death..." Pink Floyd 

LilySlim Weight charts

M1(22);                                        

donmarie
on 12/9/12 1:07 am - Canada
VSG on 06/11/12
I was in the hospital for 3 nights and literally only needed slippers, Chapstick and a book. I just slept and tried to drink. Good luck!

busymom39
on 12/9/12 1:43 am
I am packing too! Well will be in a few more hours. We have to do laundry, grocery shop, pick up our house, hang our Christmas decorations and then I will pack. I don't have to be to the hospital until 1 tomorrow afternoon because my surgery is a t 4.

Best of luck!
Nancybefree
on 12/9/12 2:30 am, edited 12/9/12 2:31 am
VSG on 11/21/12

Out of all the stuff I brought, I only used my Burt's Bees lip balm, my pillow for the ride home, the list of meds and vitamins I was taking, and a fresh pair of underwear.  I was only hospitalized overnight as it turned out.  Wore a hospital gown on the front when in bed and one like a cape on the back when I had to get up and walk or when I went downstairs for the leak test.  Wore the slipper socks the hospital gave me, and wore the same stretchy clothes home. 

Best to wear the hospital gowns rather than your own pajamas if you can tolerate them because, well, you're having surgery, and stuff happens.

They told me to bring my CPAP machine, but it never even left its case.  They had me use their machine on the rare occasions I actually thought I could sleep.

Didn't have to bring my ID or insurance card because I had already preregistered, so they had all of that copied and on file. 

Too tired to read, so I vegged on TV.

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

Christine Heusinger
on 12/9/12 7:12 am - GA

I brought my Kindle and never took it out of my bag. I took a Santa hat and wore it when I took a walk. The only other thing I needed was chapstick.

I wore the same blouse home that I came in. I brought really, really baggy sleep pants to wear while in the hospital and I wore those home as well.

Believe me, you don't need much!

Good luck!!

Surgery: Thursday,  December 6 at Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta, GA

HW (July): 243      3 days before surgery:  235   Current: 166

(I can't figure out how to control this ticker)        

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 79 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views