question: burping after throwing up?

ashley J.
on 12/10/12 1:16 am, edited 12/10/12 3:13 am - CA
VSG on 06/25/12

Ok, yesterday I have been fighting like flu/sick... was throwing up in the morning (like the stomach acid crap bile stuff yuck).. but noticed that afterwards I was CONSTANTLY burping for a good 5-10 minutes... anyone else have that?  Was it air stuck from being sick?  I know that the 2-3 times I took a sip of diet soda (bad, but didn't have any water and was REALLY thirsty) I was constantly burping for 5 min after it seemed... but this was just odd.

any one else experience that?

edit to add: the few times I had soda were NOT in the past few weeks and it was litterally a sip of soda due to not having anything else for fluid around... i drink sugar free lemonade, propel 0, and water (usually with crystal light in it or something)

HW:315 SurgeryW:297 CurrentW:212.4 GoalW:165**M1:-25  M2:-18 M3: -13.2 M4: -13.8 M5: -4.4  M6: -7.2  M7:-3   M8: -0   M9:   M10:   M11:    1 Year Out: 

Weekly weigh-in numbers located in OH Profile area
 Blog:   http://www.ashleysweightjourney.blogspot.com

Rita M.
on 12/10/12 1:26 am, edited 12/10/12 1:26 am - Webster, MA

devilWHAT! You are drinking diet soda? I see you had your WSL in June of this year. My doc says NO soda, diet or any other kind of carbonated beverages. Very, very bad for you.

Not only does it stretch your stomach it can also make you feel real crappy and maybe that is why your threw up. 

Hope you feel better soon, get some rest yes

Good luck.

Hugs,

Rita

ashley J.
on 12/10/12 3:11 am - CA
VSG on 06/25/12

no not soda any time in the past few weeks.  I had a sip of soda in mid oct (having been outside for 3-4 hours with OUT anything but soda around and was feeling a bit light headed, so took a sip of diet dr pepper) and noticed it caused me to burp a few times. I also had a sip to take pills once at beginning of november because that was all that was available... and noticed both times it caused burping.  I am not drinking soda or any other carbonated beverages... just lemonade (sugar free), propel 0 a water.  This is a stomach bug (my kids had it last week) and I have been fever,etc sunday and today.  But sunday morning was nausea (not eating anything since Sat night protein) and coughing and throwing up the (excuse this) yellowish bile crap that is from stomach.  I was just wondering if throwing up would cause the burping thing to happen for others too

HW:315 SurgeryW:297 CurrentW:212.4 GoalW:165**M1:-25  M2:-18 M3: -13.2 M4: -13.8 M5: -4.4  M6: -7.2  M7:-3   M8: -0   M9:   M10:   M11:    1 Year Out: 

Weekly weigh-in numbers located in OH Profile area
 Blog:   http://www.ashleysweightjourney.blogspot.com

Smiley_23
on 12/10/12 2:40 pm
VSG on 11/26/12
I burp for a bit after I eat something that doesn't sit well... Hope that helps
(deactivated member)
on 12/10/12 2:49 pm - CO

I have had a lot of nausea and unfortunately vomiting/dry heaves since surgery on 10/22/12....and I burp excessively  afterward. Just be very careful not to become dehydrated it happens very very quickly and makes things worse. Good luck feel better soon.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 264 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views