Jay Robb vs Muscle Pharm (MP)

larjon67
on 12/17/12 12:26 pm

Anyone want to weigh in on which they like?  I'm trying the Syntrax and so far I don't care for any of their flavors!!!

Laura    

HW:  318  SW:  271

Calking
on 12/17/12 1:22 pm
VSG on 05/31/12

Jay Robb is too expensive for me so I haven't tried it.  

First of all I go by the following guidelines as per my nutritionist

1) 5 grams fat or less

2) 5 grams carbs or less

3) Whey Protein (Isolate is better than blend)  Either is good though.

4) About 24 grams protein per serving.

I have tried a few different brands and have a preference to the About Time by SDC Nutrition.  It is 100% Whey Protein Isolate, Lactose Free (which may or may not be a selling point), I00% All Natural, Zero Sugar, Zero Carbs, Zero Fat, Uses Stevia (a natural sweetener that comes from a plant and is not man made like Splenda and others), and comes in many flavors.

Flavors: Chocolate, Birthday Cake, Cinnamon Swirl, Strawberry, Peaches and Cream, Mocha Mint, Vanilla, Peanut Butter, Banana, Chocolate Peanut Butter, and Unflavored.  

GNC.com carries some of these flavors and sells them for about $35 for a container that gives about 28 servings.  If you are a Gold Card member then you can get 20% off this price the first week of any month.  Gold card membership is only $15 per year which comes out to $1.25 per month.  Using it once a month on these protein drinks saves you $7.00 per month and makes the cost per serving less than $1.00.  

There are other places online as well to get this product at about the $35 price and perhaps a little lower as well.

Good Luck.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

AnnieinIA
on 12/17/12 8:17 pm
Although I hated all protein shakes from the beginning and gave them up as soon as I could, Jay Robb was the only one I could tolerate at all. One of the primary reasons was it has a pleasing smell.

I also appreciate, very much, that it is a "cleaner" product.
larjon67
on 12/18/12 8:35 am

Thanks!  I bought a small bag of Jay Robb at a local vitamin store and then ordered the single packets of the About Time online so I can try all the flavors. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views