2 days till surgery

seejo
on 12/18/12 2:16 am - AR
VSG on 12/20/12

Only two days away.  I'm full of anticipation.  Any suggestions for the hospital stay?  Goal is 123 pounds and to become active.  The surgery is giving me hope that I've never had before.  God be with us all!!

Christine Heusinger
on 12/18/12 2:43 am - GA

Seejo,  don't bring much to the hospital as you really won't need it. I was glad that I brought a pair of very loose and comfy sleeping pants cause as soon as my catheter was out I was in my jammies and WALKING.

Definitely bring CHAPSTICK.

I brought books and magazines and never took them out of my bag. I just couldn't wrap my brain around anything other than staring mindlessly. 

Make sure you have your nurses call button nearby. I woke up in the middle of the night because the IV bag was empty and it set off the alarm. Couldn't find my nurses button so I dragged the IV pole over to me and just started pounding buttons until it stopped buzzing! 

It's going to hurt like hell when you try to sit up or turn over or any other movement.  Please remember this... IT WON'T LAST. I had my surgery on Thursday morning and by Sunday my husband and I walked around the shoppiing mall cause you really, really need to WALK as much as you can.

Good luck to you and remember to say your prayers!

Chris

Surgery: Thursday,  December 6 at Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta, GA

HW (July): 243      3 days before surgery:  235   Current: 166

(I can't figure out how to control this ticker)        

SweetJanee
on 12/18/12 6:51 am
VSG on 03/26/13
I haven't had surgery yet but will be praying for u God bless u
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 300 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 347 views