Surgery date dec 28th

Lottyda
on 12/17/12 12:56 pm - NJ

I finally have  my date for surgery in ten days... I have been drinking protein shakes for breakfast and lunch and small 300 calorie dinner which is really hard. Also have quit smoking for About 3 weeks but my nerves are getting bad.. I have been waiting so long for this and now I'm so afraid... Can't believe how afraid I am.. Also smoked one earlier this week but it tasted terrible..  I'm just so nervous. I don't have anyone to talk to about this. And every time I talk to a friend they are either eating like there is no tomorrow or smoking like so... It gets frustrating it seems like I have to cut the world off... This would be soo much easier to just take a trip... Mini vacation... 

Christine Heusinger
on 12/18/12 2:37 am - GA

Does your surgeon's group have a support group you can go to? I hate that you feel like you're going through this alone. Of course you always have the OH community but isn't there ANYBODY you personally know who has had the surgery? I guess I'm blessed in that my surgeon has three different support groups and I have family AND girlfriends that have gone through this. 

Stay close to this forum and read it every day... several times a day!!  

If you want to TALK, send me a message and I'll be happy to send you my phone number.

Chris   

Surgery: Thursday,  December 6 at Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta, GA

HW (July): 243      3 days before surgery:  235   Current: 166

(I can't figure out how to control this ticker)        

karken5245
on 12/18/12 9:41 am

My surgery date is December 27th.  I am concentrating on the upcoming holiday season and am doing okay with my preOp diet. 

I don't look forward to the first few days after surgery but am very glad that the surgery date is near.  I do understand you being

nervous.  It's part of being human.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 97 views