Any regrets???

Psalm-91
on 12/17/12 2:48 pm

I'm considering having the VSG done & I've heard lots of pleased responses. I'm very curious, are there any here *****gret having the surgery done? If so, would you feel comfortable sharing your feelings about the whole process with me? I really want to know the GOOD, the BAD, & the UGLY.... thanks

ruggie
on 12/17/12 2:50 pm - Sacramento, CA

My only regret is that I didn't do it earlier in life.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

carebear32958
on 12/17/12 2:58 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

I was gonna say the same exact thing! Wish I would have done this 5 yrs ago when I first looked into it! Just do your research and be aware of what can happen.  You can't expect a miracle and think you aren't going to have to do any work.  Good luck with your decision! :)

Kari

Psalm-91
on 12/17/12 3:13 pm

Thanks Ruggie & Kari, I've been researching this for a year now, maybe more. It's a big decision- but I'm 5' tall, almost 51 years old & started out weighing 219.2 lbs.  I lost down to 185.6(30 lbs) then started gaining again for no apparent reason. High blood pressure med.'s & stress I guess. Now I'm at 192-3'ish lbs. It's sooooo disappointing when you diet (Nutri-system right now) & things still don't seem to go your way. This surgery seems to be what I need. Sticking to a diet plan is not a problem for me, but seeing positive results for all my efforts is entirely a different story! Very frustrating!blush Thanks again for responding to my question, Reba-Psalm-91

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/17/12 3:16 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
Lets make a small but important distinction here... I regret very much and will really probably never forgive myself for getting to the point of needing surgery. It was all in my hands and all due to my choices so I really can't blame a crappy childhood or my parents or my marriage or an illness or even pregnancies. Really, I was a pig in quantity and to some extent quality and didn't exercise one bit. So that was all on me. I regret that very much.

I do not regret for one fraction of a second having had the presence of mind and some sort of courage, even though I was scared s..tless for the whole year long pre op process, to have had the surgery and for having changed my lifestyle and for having gotten this tool to help me along the way to my goal weight and health.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Christine Heusinger
on 12/18/12 12:27 am - GA

It's George Bush's fault we all got fat.

Surgery: Thursday,  December 6 at Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta, GA

HW (July): 243      3 days before surgery:  235   Current: 166

(I can't figure out how to control this ticker)        

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/18/12 12:34 am
VSG on 10/09/12
Maybe you... (I would not doubt that just about everything is his fault...) but not me... I am Canadian, have never lived in the USA and in fact have been living outside of Canada even for the last 22 years. So I got fat under someone else's leadership in terms of government...

(But you intrigue me... how is it GB's fault in your case?)

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Christine Heusinger
on 12/18/12 1:09 am - GA

Truly, I was just being a smart ass. Before the election it was common to blame everything from the Tsunami halfway across the world to global warming on Bush.

Surgery: Thursday,  December 6 at Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta, GA

HW (July): 243      3 days before surgery:  235   Current: 166

(I can't figure out how to control this ticker)        

VerucaSallt
on 12/18/12 10:15 pm - NJ
VSG on 10/11/12 with

And Dick Cheney.

Paul5678
on 12/17/12 3:49 pm - United Kingdom

Should have had it done 10 years earlier.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views