Weird Cravings and rewards

texasrigdiver
on 12/19/12 9:43 am - TX
DS on 11/29/12

Has anyone craved salty, bitter and sour before. I've been having a craving for salty and bitter today so my sodium consumption is probably off the charts which will cause its own set of problems. the fix- beer salt, hot lime, lime and lemon. lots of great fruit flavor with salt and chili. I've had way to much but got the craving for hot savory SALTY under control.

Had my second post op Dr.'s visit today and got cleared for all activities and can now move to solid food. I celebrated with a part of a freshly steamed king crab leg, one leg, a part of it...My first meal on solid foods and I didn't overeat, close but didn't.

"...the sun is the same in a relative way but were older, shorter of breath, and one day closer to death..." Pink Floyd 

LilySlim Weight charts

M1(22);                                        

PoohHag
on 12/19/12 10:52 am - TN
VSG on 06/11/12

I've craved salt ever since my liquid preop diet.  I'm not sure why.  My bloodwork hasn't showed any weird vitamin/mineral deficiencies and I'm off almost all of my blood pressure meds now.

My strange craving is for garlic.  I put garlic powder on everything, even my cottage cheese.

Marena G.
on 12/19/12 7:45 pm - LA
VSG on 07/16/12

I crave salty food all the time. My main meals are protein bars and protein shakes so I think it is from eating sweet things that might do it.  One of my doctor's also said it may be from slight dehydration.