what to eat

kayakwilly
on 1/1/13 3:38 am

im stuck on what to eat im 3 months post opt what to eat  i need ideas as far as fruit veggies meet and so on i need ti hit my  goal by april 30lbs to go .i find myself cheating on crackers and small snacks cause im borded  what to do   please help

LIFE IS GOOD, BUT THE VSG IS BETTER angry

MomofMarch
on 1/1/13 3:42 am - GA

First off, QUIT CHEATING! Find something to do to kill that boredom! Clean, go for a walk (if possible), pick up a hobby, or something. I find myself using google to find new recipes. One really good website is livingafterwls.com. They have all kinds of tips and ideas for fruits, veggies, meats, and even sensible desserts for later on.

JAlston
on 1/1/13 5:10 am
VSG on 12/07/12

I am just a little over 3 weeks out but here are some snack ideas that seem good to be and that I will probably use when I am able:

Parmesan cheese crisps (place mounds of 1-2 tbsp of shredded parmesan on a baking sheet, bake at 350 for 5-7 minutes until golden). These kind of have a taste like cheese its.

Jerky

Nuts- I like the flavored ones but not sure if those are good during weight loss, haven't checked yet. You could season your own.

String Cheese

String Cheese/Deli Meat Roll up

Edamame

Hard Boiled Eggs

If you like veggies and dip, replace your sour cream with greek yogurt and mix with ranch dip mix (I use Fiesta ranch), greek yogurt tastes just like sour cream to me. 

Good luck!

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

MuttLover
on 1/1/13 8:27 am
VSG on 11/14/12

I just made an herb-crusted rack of lamb that was absolutely amazing (LOL, if I do say so myself!).  I barely got two little lamb chops (which is a nice-sized VSG portion), and the rest of it was gleefully snarfed down by hubby, along with the roasted carrots, roasted brussel sprouts and roasted potato (LOL - one little red potato).

There are zillion herb-crusted rack of lamb recipes online, just pick one with the ingredients you like the best.  I got the rack at Trader Joes -- $15, but it would have been four meals for a VSG'er!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

bigred_z
on 1/1/13 3:29 pm - Independence, KY
VSG on 11/16/12

Mom...gonna check out that sight, JA...LOVE cheese so I am all for your cheese recipe, Rack of lamb....you just made me drool and I don't even care for lamb!!  But it sounds like you rocked em out!

Lori RN, MS     Band 2/9/07 265lbs    Removed 4/13/12@ 185lbs (slip&erosion) Sleeve 11/16/12@ 225lbs  If I could get as excited about exercise as I am about a Big Mac...Now in ONEderland!!  197.4

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 465 views