What the Hell has Happened to Me?

mdusha
on 1/1/13 5:52 am - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

This is in a good way, btw lol. And to be clear, I apologize in advance for rambling :-)

First of all, I went today to get my eyes checked and get new glasses as it's the first and I can use my Flex Spending acct. I have spent my entire life trying to be inconspicuous...and frugal. I'm starting to feel better about myself now (though I realize I've not yet lost that much weight) and as a result, I've taken a renewed interest in how I look. Well, long story short, I chose these sorta snazzy new frames (Tiffany, I might add) and spent WAY too much money on them. I feel guilty...like REALLY guilty, but, I love them and feel kinda like I deserve it. They have a bit of bling on them (and I've NEVER been a blingy person) and will so not make me inconspicuous lol. How strange of me!

Then...as I'm headed home... I realize I'm all excited to get there b/c....get this...I GET TO GO FOR MY AFTERNOON WALK! lol I live in Florida and it's a gorgeous day. But ME? Looking forward to a WALK? As I said, WTH has happened to me?

And now I'm crying lol...just talking about it. I'm not very far out from surgery (four weeks on Friday) but...I truly believe this was the best decision of my life. And I'm so grateful for this forum. I'm not a good forum person, but this place has been a Godsend to me. 

Ok, end of ramble...thanks for letting me share :-)

Check out my blog at www.selfimageafterweightloss.com

mycheeka1
on 1/1/13 6:03 am
Congratulations! You will keep loving things more and more as you keep losing weight. I am a little over 3 months post op and went down another size today. It just never ceases to amaze me. Happy new year!
Rubielee
on 1/1/13 6:07 am - OR
VSG on 02/14/13

That's wonderful!! You deserve new fancy glasses, enjoy them! I bet they look fabulous!! 

BuckeyeGirl
on 1/1/13 6:21 am - TN

Oh my goodness...glasses will just be the start...and it will be so much fun!

Can you post a pic of the glasses? I want to see these blinging frames!

Lindsey

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/13 6:45 am

Your post made me tear up a bit.  I remember those moments when I stopped feeling like I wanted to be invisible and like a new person was emerging out of the fat body.  I wish I could hug you right now.  You deserve those glasses and I hope this is just the start of things to come.

I want a picture of the new glasses, especially the sparkle.  :)

Bella_Fein
on 1/1/13 7:09 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Just wait for the new skinny girl clothes and knee high boots! Glasses are just the beginning!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Nancybefree
on 1/1/13 8:03 am
VSG on 11/21/12

You're blossoming.  It's awesome. 

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

moonchild1968
on 1/1/13 9:00 am - Tucker, GA

My eyes are filled with joy for you.  I am reminded of more reasons why I am moving forward with my revision.  Congratulations!

mdusha
on 1/1/13 9:14 am - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

Y'all are so great! As I read the replies, I cried all over again. Chalk it up to fat-released hormones, or finally coming to grips with the fact that this is REALLY happening to me! Surgery was all sort of surreal...I didn't quite believe I was doing it...or that it would work. Maybe today, it's starting to get through my skull. 

Aaaanyway....here's the link to the pic of the glasses on my profile. Also while there, you can see my first pic here and then the second taken this past week. I think a see a difference! 

'View

Anyway...the pics are on my profile here.

Thanks again everyone! Happy New Year! :-))

Check out my blog at www.selfimageafterweightloss.com

mdusha
on 1/1/13 9:43 am - FL
VSG on 12/07/12
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views