Calorie Levels for WL

mdusha
on 1/3/13 10:19 am - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

Quick question here. What is the anticipated calorie range for weight loss? I'm only four weeks out (by the skin of my teeth) and my calories go between about 350 - 600. I stress on the days it's around 600, but it's that high b/c of a protein shake as I'm struggling to meet my protein goals. Any thoughts?

Check out my blog at www.selfimageafterweightloss.com

ellie_kae
on 1/3/13 10:22 am
I am two weeks post-op and the guidelines I was given were 600-800 calories a day.
(deactivated member)
on 1/3/13 10:49 am

Your doctor uses the (more or less) same program as my doctor.  At the last support group, he addressed the idea that many people had that they needed to eat 600 calories.  He thought it was funny.  He said, the fewer calories you are OK on while meeting your protein needs the better.  He never meant to imply that you need 600 calories, only the the protein levels need to be met.  Of course check with your doctor, but that was my doctor's take on a very similar program.

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/13 10:22 am

You are just fine.  Make sure that your protein drinks are chosen to be low calorie and low carb while still maximizing protein and you are doing great.  Don't feel the need to push the calories up, just keep getting your protein in and keeping carbs and calories as low as you can.  All is good.

ruggie
on 1/3/13 10:38 am - Sacramento, CA

I'd think yer doin' just fine.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views