Puget Sound Bariatrics

stormyrock
on 1/5/13 11:58 am
VSG on 02/18/13

I am knew here and can't figure out how to search forums for Puget Sound Bariatric.  But has anyone been there, was is a good experience?  Do you know roughly the cost for sleeve surgery if I self pay?

Calking
on 1/5/13 6:43 pm
VSG on 05/31/12

In the upper right hand corner in the blue bar click on search and type in Puget Sound Bariatrics ... you can search entire site or forums or other choice ... I did that and got the following results ...

http://www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-center/puget-s ound-surgical-center/reviews

http://www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/dr-rob -landerholm/reviews

http://www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/dr-mat thew-crouthamel/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/WA/4584541/Anyone-sleeved- at-Puget-Sound-Surgical/

I am sorry that I haven't had any personal experience or other information to share with you.  I hope you find what you are looking for and I would definitely look at the last link as one person didn't have a good experience there but it was non surgery related.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

stormyrock
on 1/6/13 12:46 am
VSG on 02/18/13

Thank you!  still a newbie learning :)

(deactivated member)
on 1/5/13 11:59 pm
VSG on 06/04/12

You might want to seach for the Dr's name directly, I believe it's Dr Billings, Dr Landerholm and I can't remember the last one.  I have a friend that just had her surgery done by Dr Landerholm.  They do the sleeve as a same day surgery in their clinic, you go in the morning and then you go home in late afternoon.

Janet M.
on 1/6/13 2:44 pm - WA
VSG on 12/27/12

I had my sleeve done on 12/27 at Puget Sound Surgical Center which is also Puget Sound Bariatrics.  Dr. Crouthamel did mine and he is absolutely amazing!  He has actually had the surgery himself and so really understands everything you are going through. He is also the most thorough surgeon I have ever had and I have had a number of prior surgeries.  When I went in the day of the procedure I had zero worries or concerns because he had checked for EVERY little thing and I knew there would be no surprises.

I was home the night of the surgery and back the following morning for a couple of hours of IV fluids.   It was so wonderful to sleep n my own bed and I definitely did not need to be in a hospital. The staff at PSSC is awesome.  They answered every dumb question I asked and I seems like their aftercare is outstanding. They have a two year follow up program, with good NUTS, physical therapists, therapists and the doctors themselves.

I know someone else, my DIL's best friend, who had hers done about a year and a half ago by Dr. Landerholm and she loves them too.

if you google Puget sound surgery center you'll get their site.

i was self pay and it was roughly $16,000, give or take. I had some insurance coverage for the pre op testing and NUT requirements so that helped. There financial people are super nice and very helpful.

give them a call! Good luck. :)

stormyrock
on 1/6/13 3:27 pm
VSG on 02/18/13

Thanks!  I was hoping for closer to 12,000 :(  The one in seattle is 11,900 I think but this one is closer.  How are you doing since only having the surgery a few weeks ago?

Janet M.
on 1/7/13 3:07 am - WA
VSG on 12/27/12

I'm doing really well, I had a couple of fairly uncomfortable days following surgery and took it easy for about a week, but I am back to pretty much normal at 11 days out.  I am lucky that I don't work or have children at home so,I don't know how it would be if I had all tat to deal with as well

wherever you chose to go don't hesitate to do it, it has given me the greatest peace of mind regarding my future life of any decision I have ever made. For me, it truly is the open door to the rest f my fantastic life. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 163 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 438 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 458 views