Heartburn from.......

seejo
on 1/6/13 8:57 am - AR
VSG on 12/20/12

I'm in my 3rd post op week.  The heartburn is terrible.  I take prilosec and it does not seem to work very well.  Has anyone else experienced this and do you know why it is worse with the sleeve than other surgeries.

9540back
on 1/6/13 9:37 am
VSG on 11/30/12

I am 5 weeks post op and also suffer from terrible acid reflux.  I also cannot determine what provokes it.  I am on Prilosec and Zantac.  I can offer you this.  It was terrible weeks 2-4. I am finally feeling relief.  It is getting less frequent and less severe.  Perhaps the meds need to build up to take effect? Hang in there, I think you will feel improvement soon.

Sunset1374
on 1/6/13 9:58 am - CT
VSG on 11/28/12

I'm 5 weeks post-op and have had this acid reflux the whole time.  It's hard to get in my food and water but I do it.  What I have found with me is that since I got sick with the flu (Christmas Day) I find sucking on my cough drop has made it easier to drink my fluids.  It kind of suppresses the acid reflux if that makes sense.  Don't know if that works with anyone else, but that is what is helping me.  Since taking the Zantac that has also helped, but the cough drop gives me that little extra.  Maybe try a sugar free candy and see if that helps you.  Hope that helps.

Yocie
on 1/6/13 10:28 pm
VSG on 11/06/12

Heart burn/acid reflux has been a huge problem for me as well,  and Prilosec didn't help me either. I switched to Zantac twice a day and that has worked for me. I am 2 months out and still have to watch what I eat not to cause a flare up however.

My Dr's nurse told me that Sleevers can have this problem because there is so much swelling in the stomach for a few months.  So, hopefully that means this is temporary.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 300 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 347 views